Social worker job description sample
This social worker job description sample is a template for you to use to create your own unique job ad that will attract the most qualified candidates. The structure and format of this template will help you provide the specifics to fit the exact position you are trying to fill. If you need additional ideas about what your description should look like browse our social worker job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] This is the paragraph where you give a marketing summary of your organization. You will want to provide a 2-3 sentence introduction that will inform a job seeker about who you are and why they might want to work for you. Job seekers have choices: tell them why they should work for you as opposed to a competitor.
Social Worker Job Responsibilities:
- Determines nature of client’s situation by interviewing client, assessing medical, psychological, emotional and social information and making on-site visits.
- Establishes course of action by exploring options and setting goals with client.
- Obtains assistance for client by referring him/her to community resources, arranging for appointments and establishing rapport with other agencies.
- Fosters client’s action or adjustment by interpreting attitudes and patterns of behavior, explaining and suggesting new options.
- Maintains records of case by documenting client’s situation and client’s actions.
- Monitors planned actions by periodic follow-up.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures, participating in quality reviews and reporting needed changes.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This paragraph is the place to include working hours and benefits. You want to put this information in the middle of your job ad to better engage your prospective candidates and keep them interested. This is also where you can describe any unusual requirements for the job such as shift work, job sharing, flexible schedules, and travel requirements. Be sure to include additional job benefits such as childcare, commuter benefits, company car or continuing education reimbursement.
Social Worker Skills and Qualifications:
- Handles Pressure
- Reporting Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Client Relationships
Education, Experience and Licensing Requirements
- Masters in social work accredited by the Council of Social Work Education
- Licensed clinical social worker preferred
- 2-5 years’ related experience
- State-specific licensure required
- State-specific driver’s license required
[Call To Action] At the bottom of your job ad should be your call to action. You want to give your candidate an opportunity to take the next step by telling them how to apply. For example, by telling them to apply on the company website, clicking on the “apply” button, or emailing a resume to a specific email address. It seems small, but by adding a simple call to action will help your job ad perform better with potential new hires.
Ready to Post Your Social Worker Job Description?
Hiring the right candidate is hard, so let Monster job ads work for you. There are flexible plans to fit your needs with the ability to upgrade, scale down, or cancel any time. Get started now!