[Intro Paragraph] We suggest starting your development director job description with a short introductory paragraph, giving candidates some information about your organization and the way you do business. Use these two to three sentences to give candidates a reason to be excited about working for you. Be authentic, but be sure to provide job seekers with something memorable that helps you stand out.
Development Director Job Responsibilities:
- Implement and execute annual fundraising plan to meet fundraising goals.
- Manage portfolio of donors.
- Provide leadership to development team.
- Prepare and present regular reports on progress towards fundraising goals.
- Plan and execute special events.
- Manage grant writing and identification of new grant opportunities.
- Generate donor communications, newsletters, and annual report.
- Assist in creation of print, digital and social media content.
- Network and maintain regular correspondence with donors.
[Work Hours & Benefits] We strongly recommend adding a paragraph here that addresses the work hours and benefits for this role. This is another great chance to communicate the value you provide to employees by describing any specific benefits or perks associated with this position, such as health care, retirement plans, and paid time off. This is also where you should note any particular work hour options or requirements, such as frequent overnight travel, work-from-home options, or required night and weekend availability.
Development Director Qualifications/Skills:
- Applied understanding of basic fundraising principles and development best practices
- Strong prospect identification and qualification skills
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading ability
- Strong interpersonal, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Database and spreadsheet proficiency
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with online fundraising, email marketing, and internet research
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum five years of fundraising or non-profit experience
- Previous management experience a plus
- Proven track record of meeting fundraising goals and securing major gifts
[Call to Action] Adding a call to action at the end of your job posting is a great way to increase the rate of response. The call to action should provide candidates specific instructions on how they can apply for the position. For example, you can instruct candidates to email a resume to a specific address or to submit their application by hitting the button marked “apply” at the top of the page.
Change the Way You Find, Engage, and Manage Candidates
Find the right fit fast with a flexible monthly plan from Monster. Your job ads will be posted across the entire Monster network and shared directly with candidates via email and job alerts. You’ll also get access to SearchMonster to find and engage qualified candidates with built-in text and email tools, and an easy-to-use dashboard to manage candidate resumes. Get started today!