Secretary job description sample
This secretary sample job description can provide a template for a posting that will attract the best-of-the-best candidates. For ideal results, maintain the structure and organization of this outline, then edit and revise this template to meet your specific job requirements and duties. Then go and find more ideas for crafting your description by browsing Monster’s secretary job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] Take the next 2-3 sentences to introduce your business to prospective secretaries, highlighting your unique company culture and working environment. This is your opportunity to set your company apart from competing job listings and sell yourself to job seekers.
Secretary Job Responsibilities:
- Enhances effectiveness by providing information management support.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Organizes work by reading and routing correspondence; collecting information; and initiating telecommunications.
- Manages department schedule by maintaining calendars for department personnel and arranging meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Completes requests by greeting customers, in person or on the telephone, and answering or referring inquiries.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares reports by collecting information.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer instructions and established procedures.
- Secures information by completing database backups.
- Provides historical reference by utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reading secretarial publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Here is where you can include working hours and benefits, another chance to sell potential applicants on things like overtime or seasonal availability. Benefits that can set your firm apart, like paid vacation time or family leave, commuting credits, or childcare reimbursements, can go right here.
- Administrative writing skills
- Reporting skills
- Supply management
- Microsoft Office skills
- Professionalism, confidentiality, and organization
- Travel logistics
- Verbal Communication
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- University/college degree is an asset.
- Previous experience, especially in particular industry, preferred.
[Call to Action] Now that job hunters are familiar with your company and the job requirements, you need a call to action so prospective secretaries know exactly how to apply. Let them know how and where to submit an application or resume, or who to contact at your company to apply.
Ready to post your job description?
Getting applicants to look at your company is one thing; finding the right job candidates yourself is another. Try Monster job ads and our flexible monthly plans, allowing you to upgrade, scale down, and cancel at any time. You can even access SearchMonster at no extra charge, combing through our massive resume database for the best secretary candidates. Get started now!