Risk Manager Job Description Sample
This risk manager job description sample can help you create a posting that will attract the best candidates out there. By building on the structure and organization of this ad — and customizing it with your specific job duties and requirements — you’ll turn those candidates into applicants. You can also browse our business operations job listings for more ideas on how to fill out your description.
[Intro paragraph] Begin your risk manager job description with an introductory paragraph that tells prospective applicants a little bit about your company and the working environment. This is your chance to set your company apart from the rest, so take a few sentences to target your recruiting pitch to the ideal candidate and you’ll lure the best of the best.
Risk Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Leads the identification, communication, measurement, and management of company-wide risk.
- Manages insurance procurement, develops and implements risk management and compliance policies/procedures, and manages claims and litigation.
- Manages relationships with third party service providers including brokers, underwriters, and other third-party administrators.
- Evaluates and provides recommendations regarding selection of policies, including but not limited to: Property, Casualty, General Liability, Workers’ Compensation, Directors and Officers, and Cyber-risk policies.
- Coordinates and submits, as necessary, the gathering of insurance policy renewal data.
- Partners with all departments regarding incident reports and claims or losses.
- Investigates, resolves, and responds to all property and liability claims under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer & General Counsel.
- Provides timely notification of claims to insurance carriers.
- Develops and communicates plans to address loss events.
- Works with the company’s insurance brokers to respond to requests for certificates of insurance and claims history document.
- Partners with key stakeholders to develop and implement standards, processes, programs, and best practices related to risk management.
- Identifies potential risk exposures, recommends solutions, implements approved programs, promotes loss prevention, and updates and monitors compliance.
- Manages all phases of the claims process from intake and investigation through litigation, settlement, and/or trial, and consults and/or participates in negotiations, conferences and mediations with adjusting companies, outside legal counsel, staff, claimants, and other involved parties.
- Manages the workers’ compensation and incident reporting program and processes, assesses, and reports claims to carriers as appropriate.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Discuss the working hours and benefits specific to your company here. This is your chance to sell prospective risk managers on about work from home and support staff options, as well as the benefits that set you apart, like stock and ownership options, paid parental leave, or corporate travel accounts.
Risk Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Superior organization, project management skills and attention to detail
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity, and compliance
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
- Demonstrated decision making and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Legal, Finance, Accounting, or Risk Management required
- Law degree or Associate’s degree in Risk Management preferred
- 7-10 years of insurance and risk management experience
- Strong with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
[Call to Action] Now that you have a candidate’s interest, you need to turn that interest into an application. So, this is where you include a well-crafted call to action. Advise prospective risk managers to apply through the job listing or tell them who to contact your company to submit an application.
Ready to Find Your next Risk Manager?
Creating a great risk manager job description and waiting for a response is a good enough start. But did you know Monster job ads and our range of monthly plans can put you in the driver’s seat when it comes to finding the right risk manager? Customize your search needs and access our email distribution to our million-candidate list. Start your search right here!