Porter Job Description Sample
This porter job description sample can provide you with the framework for a posting that will attract the most dependable candidates. The most effective listings keep the overall structure and format of this outline intact, then builds in the specific job requirements and duties of the position. You may also want to browse Monster’s porter job listings for more ideas for crafting a successful description.
[Intro Paragraph] The best job ads take two or three introductory sentences to tell prospective porters about their company. Emphasize your unique company culture and working environment right here and take advantage of this opportunity to set your hotel or resort apart from competing listings.
Porter Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains cleanliness of public, banquet, and work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Completes final breakdown of function, by cleaning the room, and cleaning and returning equipment to its proper location.
- Completes closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, locking doors, breaking down goods, etc.
- Sets up, stocks, and maintains work areas.
- Monitors and maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Transports dirty linen to correct area to be cleaned, separates napkins from tablecloths, and restocks linen shelves with clean linens.
- Assists other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is the ideal place to discuss working hours and benefits, advising applicants of seasonal work hours and possibilities for overtime pay. You can also talk about the benefits — like vacation time and tuition, commuter, or childcare reimbursements — that set your establishment apart.
Porter Qualifications / Skills:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Previous guest experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Forklift Certification within 90 days of job entry date
- Familiarity with Radio Frequency (RF) equipment preferred
[Call to Action] Now that prospective porters are familiar with your location and the job requirements, put together a strong call to action to tell them exactly how and where to apply. Turn interested job seekers into actual applicants by letting them know who to contact at your company to apply and how to submit an application or resume.
Is Your Job Description Ready to Go?
Dropping a great job ad and waiting for applicants to bite is fine. But do you know where to go to find the big fish? Monster job ads provides flexible monthly plans that can be tailored to any candidate search, and will give you access to our search and engagement platform, SearchMonster, allowing you to connect with the best job candidates. Get started today!