Operations manager job description sample
This operations manager job description sample can assist in your creating an application that will attract top candidates who are qualified for your position. Feel free to revise this listing to meet your specific job duties and requirements. If you need more ideas for what information to include, check out Monster’s operations manager job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] The first paragraph of your operations manager posting should be a marketing summary of your company that will help you generate interest among potential candidates. This short introduction will help applicants become excited about the prospect of working for you. Describe what you have to offer new employees and set yourself apart from other listings.
Operations Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Oversees operational systems, processes, and infrastructure while looking for opportunities of improvement or revision.
- Anticipates and tracks operational and tactical risks and providing strategic solutions.
- Manages day to day business of the operations department while balancing the responsibilities of various business lines such as business analysis, vendor, and risk management.
- Works with sales teams to help set and meet daily and quarterly goals.
- Plays a significant role in long-term planning, project status reporting, and implementing change control processes.
- Works closely with COO on other special planning and departmental projects.
- Oversees and reports weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual metrics.
- Identifies trends and assess opportunities to improve processes and execution.
- Completes reasonability testing and information validation prior to circulating findings and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Collaborates with other back-office team members to ensure seamless business execution, reinforce positive morale, and uphold company values.
- Collaborates with transitions and onboarding team as needed.
- Raises and tracks issues and conflicts, remove barriers, resolve issues of medium complexity involving stakeholders and escalate to appropriate level when required.
- Assesses a variety of situations and provide clarity to team and stakeholders.
- Establishes and maintains credible, professional relationships with clients, internal business lines, and external vendors.
- Solicits and responds to feedback while gaining commitment and support.
- Supports back-office and firm-wide training programs, reinforcing tech and operations infrastructure between departments to ensure consistency and quality standards are met.
- Stays up to date on industry regulations, trends, and technology.
- Works closely with management team to ensure all operational, administrative, and compliance functions within the firm are being properly executed in accordance to regulatory-based best practices.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Put the description of your work hours and benefits in the middle of the job posting to help keep prospective managers reading your advertisement. This paragraph will describe not only standard work hours, but also special working conditions that may apply like flexible hours, work-from-home opportunities, and travel requirements. Also, include office perks like free lunches, commuter benefits, and tuition reimbursement.
Operations Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Addressing operational concerns and issues, monitoring overall customer satisfaction
- Developing and implementing operational procedures and policies
- Analyzing training needs/requirements
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizing skills to coordinate project activities
- Ability to communicate with others effectively
- Ability to conduct research for special projects, respond timely inquiries, and present written/ oral briefings
- Ability to work with details and time-sensitive issues
- Good decision-making skills and response to high-pressure situations
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in program management, business or public administration, technical management, information systems, engineering, finance/accounting, or related fields
- Minimum of two (2) years of recent overall project management experience
- Experience may be considered equivalent if experience demonstrated increased depth and breadth of responsibility
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) certified by the Project Management Institute (PMI) can be used in lieu of the educational requirements
[Call to Action] You’ve made job seekers familiar with your firm and the specific job requirements. Now turn them into actual applicants with a compelling call to action that lets future managers know exactly how to apply — whether it’s submitting an application and resume to someone at your company or clicking the “apply” button on this posting.
Is your operations manager job description ready to post?
A great operations manager can ensure your business runs like a well-oiled machine, while a not-so-great one can throw a wrench in your entire operation. Could you use some help making the right hire? Join Monster for free today and you’ll receive interview advice, hiring tips, special offers, industry trends, and much more. We know how important it is to find the right person for the job, so let Monster show you how to connect with qualified operations managers who expertly fit your needs.