Office Assistant Job Description Sample
Below is an office assistant job description sample that can help you draft a job ad that will attract your ideal candidates. Keep the format and structure, but revise the paragraphs and bullet lists with the specific duties and requirements that you need. For help with ideas about what to include, browse our office assistant job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] Your introductory paragraph should be a short, two- to three-sentence marketing summary of your company. You should paint a picture that lets prospective office clerks imagine what it is like to work for you. Be authentic and highlight the strengths that distinguish you from the competition.
Office Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains office operations by receiving and distributing communications; collecting and mailing correspondence and copying information.
- Maintains supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items and delivering supplies to work stations.
- Serves customers by backing up receptionist; answering questions; forwarding messages; confirming customer orders and keeping customers informed of order status.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance; troubleshooting failures; calling for repairs; monitoring equipment operation and monitoring and purchasing meter funds.
- Maintains office schedule by picking up and delivering items as needed.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Research has shown that putting work hours and benefits at this location engages your potential new hire better than at other places in the job ad. Remember to tell your potential applicants about things like flexible schedules or travel requirements. Describe the benefits that set you apart, such as childcare reimbursements and tuition credits.
Office Assistant Qualifications / Skills:
- Basic office skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office software skills
- Scheduling and meeting planning
- Telephone skills
- Typing and word processing skills
- Documentation skills
- Dependability and professionalism
- Attention to detail
- Administrative writing and reporting skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma
- Driver’s license
- One to two years of office assistant experience
[Call to Action] If you want your potential new assistant to actually apply after reading your job ad, give them a call to action opportunity. Tell them that they can apply by clicking the apply button at the top of the job description or by sending their resume to an email address.
Ready to Post Your Office Assistant Job Description?
You can find the right candidate faster with Monster job ads. We offer flexible monthly plans to fit your needs. These plans will let you upgrade, downsize, or completely swap out job ads when you need to, and even grant you access to free tools such as SearchMonster, our massive repository of job-seeker resumes. Let Monster help you get started today!