Marketing Intern Job Description Sample
This customizable marketing intern job description sample can be used as a search-optimized template. Maintain the basic structure provided, adding to and editing each section to accurately describe your company and the unique requirements of the position you are advertising. You can find more great ideas by taking a look through our current marketing intern job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] We recommend starting your marketing intern job description with a brief, 2-3 sentence paragraph that provides some basic information about your company and the work environment for the role. Take this opportunity to communicate the value your company provides to interns and generate excitement about the position. Try to find an authentic, creative way to make your job posting stand out from the crowd.
Marketing Intern Job Responsibilities:
- Support marketing campaign planning and execution.
- Write copy for social media posts, promotional emails, and other marketing collateral.
- Assist in the creation of written, video, and image content for marketing channels.
- Participate in marketing brainstorming sessions.
- Assist in the management of website SEO.
- Take part in formal and informal training opportunities.
- Measure and report the results of marketing initiatives.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is where we suggest adding a paragraph discussing the working hours and benefits for the position. Putting this information here will help keep candidates’ interest and give you a chance to describe some of the noteworthy benefits and perks you provide to interns, such as stipends, class credit or potential employment opportunities following completion of the internship. This is also where you will want to discuss any work hour requirements or options, such as required availability or possible remote work opportunities.
Marketing Intern Qualifications / Skills:
- Applied understanding of basic marketing principles
- Familiarity with major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Comfortable with multitasking in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of SEO techniques and best practices
- Basic photography, image and video editing, and graphic design skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or currently working towards a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field
- Successful completion of introductory courses in marketing, business, or equivalent
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook)
- Previous experience with the use of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premiere Pro) and social media management tools (Hootsuite, Sprout Social) a plus
[Call to Action] You should end your marketing intern job description with a direct call to action, providing instructions for how best to apply for the position. Adding this information will increase the rate of response to your job posting, and will ensure that interested candidates know the proper way to respond. For example, you can direct candidates to email a resume to a specific email address or to click the button marked “apply” at the top of the page.
Ready to Post a Your Brand New Job Description?
Shorten your time-to-hire with a flexible monthly plan from Monster. Our simple job-posting process takes just minutes, and your job will appear across Monster’s network of websites, the Monster mobile app, and newspaper partners. Swap out jobs, scale up, scale down, or cancel your plan at any time. Get started today!