Line cook job description sample
The following line cook job description template, which you can modify to suit your needs, will help you find the right candidates for your position. Revise the paragraphs and bullet lists with your specific requirements. If you need help coming up with more ideas, browse our line cook job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] Use this paragraph to introduce your business to prospective candidates. You want to present a positive image of your company to encourage job seekers to become excited about the potential of working for you. This is your chance to set yourself apart from competing advertisements by telling new hires all that you have to offer them.
Line Cook Job Responsibilities:
- Sets up and stocks food items and other necessary supplies.
- Prepares food items by cutting, chopping, mixing, and preparing sauces.
- Cooks food items by grilling, frying, sautéing, and other cooking methods to specified recipes and standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and complies with food sanitation requirements by properly handling food and ensuring correct storage.
- Cleans and sanitizes cooking surfaces at the end of the shift.
- Performs inventory checks and completes food storage logs.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Research has shown that putting work hours and benefits at this location engages your potential new hire better than at other places in the job ad. Remember to tell your potential applicants about things like weekend work, flexible schedules, weightlifting requirements, and standing for long periods of time. Also, describe benefits that set you apart, such as food and beverage discounts, uniform cleaning and maintenance, commuter benefits, and tuition credits.
Line Cook Qualifications/Skills:
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Accuracy and speed in executing tasks
- Ability to work as a team member
- Follows directions and instructions
Education and Experience Requirements:
- One to two years of experience as a line cook, restaurant cook, or prep cook
- Experience with various cooking methods and procedures
- Familiar with industry best practices
[Call to Action] You will have better success with your advertisement for a line cook if you provide a method to apply for the job right here. This call to action tells a prospective new hire that they can respond to your ad by clicking the apply button or by sending in a resume to a specific email address.
Get your line cook job description posted today!
Once your line cook job description is finished, you need to post it so that potential employees can find it. Monster can help. We offer several flexible monthly plans to suit your needs. These plans let you upgrade, downsize, or completely swap out ads at no additional cost. There are even additional free tools such as SearchMonster, a massive repository of candidate resumes. Get started today!