Instructional Designer Job Description Sample
This instructional designer job description sample can assist in your creation of a job application that will attract candidates who are the most qualified for the position. Feel free to revise this outline to meet your specific duties and requirements. You can also check out our instructional designer job listings to find even more ideas about crafting the best job description.
[Intro paragraph] Begin your posting with 2 or 3 sentences introducing designers to your company and your unique working environment. Highlight what your business brings to the table and the kinds of opportunities you can provide new hires to truly set your job listing apart from the competition.
Instructional Designer Job Responsibilities:
- Plans instructional design projects.
- Manages overall projects to ensure a globally consistent training experience that directly impacts employee success.
- Promotes collaboration, partnership and relationships among the participants and stakeholders in a design project.
- Consults, analyzes, and develops highly engaging and interactive learning solutions focused on leadership development, but not excluding varying colleague initiatives.
- Applies advanced adult learning theories into practical, application-based leadership learning strategy.
- Partners and collaborates with other learning professionals and business partners in delivering a globally consistent learning experience.
- Develops comprehensive measurement strategies for all learning solutions to demonstrate business impact and effectiveness.
- Communicates effectively in visual, oral, and written form and deliver engaging presentations to business leaders.
- Acquires and applies new technology skills to instructional design practice.
- Remains a thought leader in instructional design and innovation.
- Designs learning that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners, including the demonstrated understanding of cultural differences that may apply.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is where the best listings include any company-specific working hours and benefits. Tell prospective instructional designers about flexible work schedules, or any required travel. You can also sell potential applicants on the benefits that set your business apart — like healthcare, paid family leave, or childcare reimbursement.
Instructional Designer Qualifications / Skills:
- Strong project management skills
- Leadership skills
- Orienting employees
- Verbal communication
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s in Adult learning or Instructional Design/Technology preferred
- Experience working in an agile (SAM) and waterfall (ADDIE) design environment
- Experience designing, developing, and delivering emerging learning solutions including game-based learning, video, micro-learning, simulations, and immersive scenarios requiring multiple branching elements strongly preferred
- Strong proficiency with industry standard design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Storyline and Captivate)
- Strong project management and leadership skills to achieve design target timelines
- Experience in contact center environments and travel industry is strongly preferred
[Call to Action] Now it’s time to convert interested parties into job applicants. The most effective instructional designer job descriptions do this by closing the posting with a strong call to action and telling candidates exactly to apply. For example, tell them to “click the apply button” at the top of the job listing or to email their application and resume to someone at your company.
Hiring Your next Instructional Designer
It’s a big deal when you’re hiring someone who will help train your company’s leaders, so finding the right person the first time around is essential. Don’t worry, Monster can help. With plans that allow you to swap out job ads, upgrade or scale down based on your needs, and cancel at any time, we make it easy to find the best instructional designers out there. Plus, additional services like SearchMonster are included in these plans at no additional charge. Check it out and get started today!