Human Resources Assistant Job Description Sample
This human resources assistant job description sample can assist in you creation of a job application that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this description to meet your specific duties and requirements. You can take a look at our human resources assistant job listings to find even more ideas to help you craft the best job description.
Human Resources Assistant
[Intro paragraph] Begin your job posting with 2 or 3 sentences that introduce job seekers to your company and your unique working environment. Communicate what your business brings to the table and the kinds of opportunities you can provide new HR assistants to truly set your job listing apart from the competition.
Human Resources Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Supports human resources processes by administering tests, scheduling appointments, conducting orientation, maintaining records and information.
- Substantiates applicants’ skills by administering and scoring tests.
- Schedules examinations by coordinating appointments.
- Welcomes new employees to the organization by conducting orientation.
- Provides payroll information by collecting time and attendance records.
- Submits employee data reports by assembling, preparing, and analyzing data.
- Maintains employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data.
- Provides secretarial support by entering, formatting, and printing information.
- Organizes work.
- Answers the telephone, relays messages, and maintains equipment and supplies.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is a good place in any HR coordinator job description to include any company-specific working hours and benefits. Tell prospective human resources assistants about flexible work schedules, or any required travel. You can also sell potential applicants on the benefits that set your business apart — like commuter credits, paid family leave, or childcare reimbursement.
Human Resources Assistant Qualifications / Skills:
- Reporting skills
- Maintaining employee files
- Orienting employees
- Verbal communication
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Prior experience in human resource roles is preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft office software a plus
[Call to Action] Now it’s time to convert interested parties into job applicants. The best human resources assistant job descriptions do this by closing the posting with a compelling call to action and advising prospective HR assistant applicants exactly how to apply. For example, tell them to “click the apply button” at the top of the job listing or to email their application and resume to someone at your company.
Hiring Your next Human Resources Assistant
It’s a big deal when you’re looking to hire the person who will help hire all your other employees, so finding the right person the first time around is essential. Don’t worry, Monster can help, with plans that allow you to swap out job ads, upgrade or scale down based on your needs, and cancel at any time. Plus, additional services like SearchMonster and Monster Studios are included in these plans at no additional charge. Check it out and get started today!