Home health aide job description sample
This home health aide job description sample will assist you in creating a job application that will attract qualified candidates. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific duties or requirements. You can also take a look at our home health aide job listings to find even more ideas to add to your application.
Home Health Aide
[Intro paragraph] Employers seeking the highest quality applicants often begin a PCA job description with a few sentences highlighting the things that make your opportunity unique and the value you can bring to new hires. This is your chance to really make your organization shine and set yourself apart from competing postings.
Home Health Aide Job Responsibilities:
- Enables patients to stay in their homes by monitoring and recording patient condition, providing support and personal services, and teaching families.
- Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition, intake and output, and exercise.
- Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry services, shopping for food and other household requirements, preparing and serving meals and snacks, and running errands.
- Assists patients by providing personal services, such as, bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Helps patients care for themselves by teaching use of cane or walker, special utensils to eat, special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene.
- Helps family members care for the patient by teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient.
- Advises on nutrition, cleanliness, and housekeeping.
- Records patient information by making entries in the patient journal and notifying nursing supervisor of changing or unusual conditions.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following asepsis standards and procedures, maintaining security precautions, and following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards.
- Protects the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is where you’ll want to include details about the working hours and benefits at your business. Advise prospective home health aides about flexible hours or work-week structures, and any driving or travel requirements. You can also describe benefits you offer, like tuition or continuing education credits, childcare reimbursement, or paid parental leave.
Home Health Aide Qualifications / Skills:
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Health promotion and maintenance
- Nursing Skills
- Health care administration
- Patient services
- Verbal communication
- Emotional control
- Medical teamwork
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- CPR/FA, 1 & 2 (within 6-12 months of hire), and CPI certification
- Any state-mandated certification
- Minimum 1+ year(s) professional or personal experience supporting individuals with disabilities, mental illnesses, or challenging behaviors
- Must have a valid in-state driver’s license, provide current registration and insurance, and have a driving record with no more than 2 points within the last 3 years
- Must be over 21 years old
[Call to Action] Here is where you turn interested aides into actual applicants. The best performing listings include a strong call to action in this location, letting job seekers know exactly how to apply with details on how and where to submit an application, resume, and other supporting documents.
Ready to post your home health aide job description?
The perfect posting is only the beginning. Take your search to the next level with Monster job ads. We offer a wide range of monthly plans to choose from and you can cancel any time. Find the plan that best suits your organization and you’ll even have access to our massive candidate engagement platform, SearchMonster, at no extra charge. Get started now!