DevOps Engineer Job Description Sample
This DevOps engineer job description sample is your launching pad to create the ideal posting to attract the best, most qualified candidates. And by building in the specific job duties and requirements of your position to the structure and organization of this outline, you can turn those candidates into applicants. Check out our DevOps engineer job listings for more ideas on how to fill out your description.
[Intro Paragraph] Begin your job posting by introducing prospective applicants to your company, corporate culture, and working environment. This is your chance to set your posting apart from the rest by catering your recruiting pitch to the ideal candidate. Let prospective engineers know what you have to offer new hires.
DevOps Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains mission-critical information extraction, analysis, and management systems.
- Implements streaming analysis algorithms to generate question focused data sets (QFDs).
- Provides direct and responsive support for urgent analytic needs.
- Participates in architecture and software development activities.
- Translates loosely defined requirements into solutions.
- Uses open source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project.
- Uses coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow.
- Collaborates with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem.
- Performs incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Job hunters also need to know about the work hours and benefits specific to your company. And the best-performing job descriptions inform future engineers about the availability of flexible hours, work-from-home options, or other telecommuting opportunities. They also highlight unique office perks and benefits they offer, like conference sponsorships, continuing education credits, or paid time off.
DevOps Engineer Qualifications/Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (IT experience can substitute for a BS degree)
- Familiarity with container orchestration services, especially Kubernetes
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins
- Significant experience with Windows and Linux operating system environments
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell or Python
[Call to Action] You got the eyeballs on your job description; now how do you get the applications in your inbox? By letting DevOps engineers know exactly how to apply and encouraging them to do so with a compelling call to action. Advise job seekers to apply via this listing or to contact your HR department directly, along with any other application requirements.
Ready to Post Your Perfect Job Description?
Great. Now, let Monster job ads put you in the driver’s seat when it comes to finding the right engineer. Our range of monthly plans can be customized for any size company or job search. Plus, you can cancel at any time. Get started right now!