[Intro Paragraph] Write an attention-grabbing elevator pitch for the role and your company that entices successful SEO specialists to apply. Highlight your company culture, mission, values, and accolades to show why your company is a great place to work. If you run a marketing agency, share some of your high-profile clients to attract SEO specialists who are excited about the clients they’d work for if they come on board.
SEO Specialist Job Responsibilities: Use this section to share the day-to-day responsibilities. Be thorough so SEO specialists know what to expect and can decide if they have the skills to significantly increase website traffic. For example, you may be looking for an SEO specialist who:
- Runs paid search marketing campaigns.
- Develops SEO recommendations based on data-driven analysis.
- Leads all SEO initiatives, including on-page, off-page, content, and technical strategies.
- Builds and presents analytics reports, site audits, keyword analysis reports, and competitive analysis reports to company executives.
- Collaborates with colleagues from other departments and advises them on SEO best practices.
- Excels at multitasking and project management.
- Meets deadlines and thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
[Work Hours and Benefits] This is where you’ll specify if you’re hiring a full-time or part-time SEO strategist and if it’s a contract or permanent position. Stand out from the competition by noting benefits and perks like health insurance, wellness reimbursements, leave programs, paid time off, a 401(k) with matching funds, bonuses, and a flexible work schedule. Prompt ambitious candidates to apply by sharing relevant professional development opportunities, such as a mentorship program, networking events, training programs, a learning stipend, and career advancement paths.
SEO Specialist Qualifications and Skills: Next, share the necessary and preferred requirements so qualified SEO specialists apply. For example, you may want to include the following:
- Knows how to use popular SEO tools, Google tools, and content management software.
- Communicates effectively and has excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Learns quickly and enjoys taking on new challenges.
- Works well independently and with colleagues.
- Knows basic HTML and CSS skills.
- Uses qualitative and quantitative analysis to guide SEO strategies.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in digital marketing, communications, marketing, information science, or a related degree is preferred.
- At least [number of years] of agency or in-house SEO experience is strongly preferred.
[Call to Action] End your job description with an invitation to apply. Include instructions for how to apply from the job board or your company site.
Post Your SEO Specialist Job Description
After writing your SEO specialist job description, your next challenge is to reach your target audience. Capitalize on our global reach and use our search tools to find qualified candidates quickly. Start by posting a job on Monster for free and watch the resumes roll in.