[Intro Paragraph] Your security architect job description should begin with a clear overview of your company and some basic information on the position. Talk about your company’s culture and mention the satisfaction rate among your employees. Also provide some details, like the job location and possible clients the new hire will work with.
Security Architect Job Responsibilities: A professional job posting lists the responsibilities needed to perform the job. This list should be clear and should include all the necessary job requirements, for example:
- Enhances security team accomplishments and competencies by planning the delivery of solutions and answering technical questions.
- Plans, researches, and designs security architecture for IT systems.
- Develops, reviews, and approves installation requirements for LANs, WANs, VPNs, firewalls, routers, and related network devices.
- Determines security protocols by evaluating business strategies and requirements.
- Responds to, and investigates, security incidents and provides thorough post-event analyses.
- Develops project timelines for ongoing system upgrades.
- Reviews system security measures and implements necessary enhancements.
- Conducts regular tests and monitoring of network security.
- Verifies security systems by developing and implementing test scripts.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
[Work Hours and Benefits] In the next paragraph of your security architect job description, it’s important to be transparent about your expected working hours. Mention if the position is part-time or full-time and if it will require work in morning, night, or weekend shifts.
Encourage more skillful candidates to apply by sharing the appealing rewards and benefits that your company offers their employees. For example, here you would mention benefits such as medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition reimbursement, or retirements benefits.
Security Architect Qualifications and Skills
- Strong working knowledge of IT risks, cyber security, and computer operating software
- Advanced understanding of security protocols, cryptography, and security
- Experience implementing multi-factor authentication
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience implementing security solutions
- Comfortable working on a team
Education and Experience Requirements
- A bachelor’s or associate degree in computer science, IT, or a related field
- [Number] years’ experience in IT risk management and information security
- IT security or risk assessment certifications are advantageous
[Call to Action] Including a call to action in your security architect job description will prompt skillful candidates to apply to your job post. Place an easy to find “apply button”, leave the email address of the hiring manager, or have candidates sign up for similar positions by providing their email.
Ready to Quickly Find Candidates With Your Security Architect Job Description?
Need an IT security specialist to strengthen your team? Monster has the tools to get your listing in front of top talent, quickly and easily. Once you’ve customized your professional job description, you can start using these tools by posting your job for free with Monster.