Compliance Engineer Job Description
This compliance engineer sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Compliance Engineer Job Responsibilities:
Attains product and engineering compliance by preventing compliance issues; developing and executing compliance programs; completing documentation.
Compliance Engineer Job Duties:
- Prevents compliance issues by collaborating with engineering planning and design teams; reviewing design data; identifying and resolving product and engineering design issues; identifying short-term and long-range issues; researching and identifying applicable regulatory and industry compliance standards and codes; developing compliance policies.
- Develops compliance plans by researching, analyzing, selecting, and applying compliance engineering concepts, approaches, techniques, and criteria; adapting and modifying compliance engineering options; developing and evaluating new compliance methodologies; qualifying vendors, components, and parts.
- Organizes compliance program by preparing timetables, cost estimates, and required resources including test laboratories and equipment.
- Determines compliance by establishing compliance test standards; conducting and witnessing tests; performing diagnostic procedures; measuring performance; analyzing and evaluating findings; performing forensic analysis of failures; troubleshooting failures; supervising sub-contractors.
- Attains compliance by isolating and resolving non-compliance issues; recommending product and process changes; initiating engineering change orders.
- Documents compliance by completing approval applications; recording test results; preparing investigative reports; preparing and filing Declarations of Conformity; maintaining compliance database.
- Maintains engineering team accomplishments by reviewing open issues and action items; coordinating actions; contributing information and analysis to team meetings and reports.
- Prepares compliance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing measurement data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging compliance engineering practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances engineering and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Compliance Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
Packaging, Production Planning, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Organization, General Math Skills, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Verbal Communication, Attention to Detail, CAD
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Compliance Engineer Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to hire: