Communications Director Job Description Sample
Use this communications director job description as a customizable template to create your own unique posting. Follow the structure provided, revising each paragraph with the details of your company and the responsibilities, skills, and experience required for the position you are advertising. You can find more ideas by looking through our communications director job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] We recommend beginning your communications director job description with a short introductory paragraph. In 2-3 sentences, provide some general information about your company and describe the working environment for this position. This is your chance to set yourself apart and build excitement by communicating the value you provide employees in an authentic and appealing way.
Communications Director Job Responsibilities:
- Establish and drive a multi-channel communications strategy.
- Prepare and manage all communications material.
- Develop brand voice and maintain brand integrity across all platforms.
- Manage media relations and develop contacts with media members, influencers, and community leaders.
- Lead a team of communication, marketing, and design professionals.
- Assist in the creation of digital, video, audio and print content.
- Track engagement across various platforms and make data-driven decisions.
- Manage presence at industry events, trade shows, and conferences.
- Create budget for communications team and ensure compliance.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is where you’ll want to include a paragraph discussing the working hours and benefits for the position. This is another chance to set your role apart from the pack by describing specific benefits or perks you provide to employees, such as paid time off, wellness programs, and on-site amenities. This is also where you should mention any noteworthy work hour options or requirements, such as work-from-home opportunities or frequent work-related overnight travel.
Communications Director Qualifications / Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with communications technologies
- Understanding of copywriting, graphic design, layout, and publishing
- Working knowledge of content management systems, HTML coding, and digital graphics production
- Familiarity with social media platforms and social media marketing
- Experience with search engine marketing, Google Analytics, and Google AdWords
- Impeccable copywriting and copy editing abilities
- Strong leadership track record
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or a related discipline
- 5-plus years of communications, marketing or public relations or related experience
- Experience managing digital content
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Established media relations a plus
[Call to Action] We suggest ending your job posting with a call to action, telling candidates exactly how to apply. Adding this call to action provide clarity applicants and will increase the number of responses you receive. You can instruct candidates to click on the button marked “apply” or provide a specific email address where resumes should be submitted.
Ready to Take Your Hiring Approach to the next Level?
Find the right candidate fast with a monthly plan from Monster. From one-off hiring needs to building out entire teams, our range of monthly plans can be scaled up, scaled down, or cancelled at any time, giving you the flexibility you need with no long-term commitment required. Get started today!