[Intro Paragraph] Starting out with an introductory paragraph that tells the prospective applicant a little bit about your company and the working environment is the best way to sell new managers on your position. Take two or three sentences to cater your recruiting pitch to the ideal candidate and set your firm apart from the rest.
Communications Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Develops content and directs creative execution to provide a consistent, targeted, and impactful message.
- Builds and maintains solid partnerships with assigned internal clients to better develop, coordinate, direct, and facilitate strategic communications designed to meet business goals.
- Designs campaigns to target specific audiences, placing an emphasis and discipline on campaign performance to help with recommendations for future programs.
- Directs in-house and external graphic designers, photographers, and other media-production specialists integral to the completion of marketing projects.
- Contributes ideas for new programs, researching and recommending innovative branding techniques.
- Researches and understands key business challenges, customer behavior, target audiences, competitive activity, and environmental factors that impacts programs within the business and assigned departments.
- Provides hands-on advertising support for assigned departments, paying close attention to timelines.
- Identifies and presents opportunities for consistency in messaging and customer experience across channels from in-store signage to digital to print.
- Develops an understanding of short- and long-term department goals and planned initiatives.
- Adjusts and communicates plan changes as necessary to ensure costs for materials, media, and labor are in line with the sales potential for a specific product or campaign.
- Works with leadership to take the pulse of overall business activity to identify cross-marketing opportunities.
- Stays informed of developments in the field of marketing and communications within the industry to foster ideas and innovation.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Here’s where you want to include details about your company’s work hours and benefits. Tell prospective communications managers about flexible hours or work-week structures, as well as any travel requirements. This is also the perfect opportunity to highlight any benefits unique to your company, like tuition or continuing education credits, paid parental leave, or childcare reimbursement.
Communications Manager Qualifications/Skills:
- Strong, versatile copywriting skills
- Good organizational, planning, and coordination skills
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize as needed
- Desire to take full ownership of assigned projects and can work independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Possesses a sense of urgency; is self-motivated and detail-minded
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build collaborative relationships
- Good verbal presentation, group dynamic, and facilitation skills
- Proactive approach in resolving problems and issues
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, strategic communications, or equivalent
- Minimum three years of advertising or marketing experience
- Demonstrated experience with all types of social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and web content management systems experience
[Call to Action] You’ve piqued a potential applicant’s interest; now turn them into an actual applicant with a well-crafted call to action. Provide details on exactly how to apply, including resume, application, and supporting document submission, along with any other requirements.
Is Your Job Description Ready to Go?
You’ve built the perfect job listing, now take your search for the best communications manager to the next level. Monster job ads give you a wide range of monthly plans to choose from, so you can scale up, phase down, or cancel your candidate search at any time. Find the right plan for your company and we’ll give you access to SearchMonster, our massive resume database, at no extra charge. Find your perfect plan today!