Accounts Payable Clerk Job Description Sample
This accounts payable clerk job description template can assist you in creating a job application that will attract qualified candidates. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific duties or requirements. Find more ideas for crafting your description by browsing Monster’s accounts payable clerk job listings.
Accounts Payable Clerk
[Intro paragraph] Use the next 2-3 sentences to introduce your company to prospective accounts payable clerks, highlighting your unique company culture and working environment. You have an opportunity to set your company apart from competing job listings and sell yourself to job seekers.
Accounts Payable Clerk Job Responsibilities:
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Here is where you’ll want to include details about the working hours and benefits specific to your open position. This is another chance to sell potential clerks on things like telecommuting, work-from-home options, or additional requirements during tax season. Benefits that can set your firm apart, like paid vacation time, conference sponsorships, or childcare reimbursements can also go right here.
Accounts Payable Clerk Qualifications / Skills:
- Tracking budget expenses
- Attention to detail
- Analyzing information
- Vendor relationships
- PC proficiency
- Data entry skills
- General math skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field a plus
- Previous accounts payable experience preferred
[Call to Action] Now that prospective accounts payable clerks are familiar with your company and the job requirements, you need a call to action that tells them exactly how to apply. Turn interested job seekers into actual applicants by letting them know how to submit an application and resume or who to contact at your company to apply.
Ready for Your Accounts Payable Clerk Job Description to Pay Dividends?
Want someone to keep your company’s financial accounts in good order? We can help. Monster’s wide variety of plans allow you to ramp up, scale down, or cancel your candidate search at any time. Plus, you’ll get access to Monster Studios, our video job ad platform, at no extra charge. Get your search started today!