Accounting Specialist Job Description Sample
Use this accounting specialist job description sample as a template to create your own search-optimized job ad. Follow the basic structure of this sample to create the layout of your job description, and then customize your listing by adding specifics about the position and descriptions of the required qualifications, skills, and experience. Find great ideas for creating an effective job description by looking through our accounting job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] Start your accounting specialist job posting with 2-3 sentences about your company and the work environment that successful applicants can expect if hired. This is your opportunity to distinguish your position from similar job ads and target ideal candidates. Get creative when communicating the unique value proposition your company offers and give job seekers something to get excited about.
Accounting Specialist Job Responsibilities:
- Work with accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Process incoming payments by check, credit card, and EFT.
- Receive, process, and reconcile statements.
- Prepare monthly financial statements.
- Generate and review monthly reports.
- Prepare and make bank deposits.
- Assist with preparation for annual audits.
- Prepare and distribute annual IRS forms.
- Ensure compliance with internal accounting procedures.
- Maintain accurate records, including ledgers, journals, receipts, and invoices.
- Perform administrative and other tasks as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is where we suggest describing details such as benefits and working hours. Not only will this help your job description perform better in search results, but it will also give you a chance to make your job ad stand out by telling candidates about retirement plans, childcare, wellness programs, profit sharing, or any other perks that may be noteworthy. It’s also a good idea to note things like seasonal hours near tax time or annual audits, work-from-home opportunities, or other kinds of schedule flexibility. Want to find the right candidate for this job? Don’t skimp on the details.
Accounting Specialist Qualifications/Skills:
- Understanding of GAAP accounting principles
- Familiarity with Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in entering financial data
- Outstanding math and research skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency with 10-key typing and data entry
- Deadline-driven with excellent time management ability
- Bilingual skills a plus
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 1-3 years of general accounting experience
- 1-3 years of experience working with payroll, accounts receivable, and accounts payable
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP software suite
[Call to Action] Now it’s time to add a call to action. Your job description will perform better if you let interested candidates know exactly how to apply for the position. This could be clicking the “apply” button at the top of the job ad or emailing a resume to a specific person.
Ready to Start Getting Resumes?
Post your job ad on Monster and it will be live in less than an hour. You’ll start getting resumes as soon as we receive them, and there’s no limit to the number of candidates who can apply. Check out our range of monthly plans and get started today.