This web system administrator sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Web System Administrator
Web System Administrator Job Purpose: Maintains Web environment by identifying system requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring system performance.
Web System Administrator Job Duties:
- Establishes Web system specifications by analyzing access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure.
- Establishes Web system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of server hardware, software, and operating and system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Maintains Web system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
- Secures Web system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
- Upgrades Web system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking emerging Internet technologies; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: System Administration, Technical Understanding, Technical Management, Provisioning, Telecommunications Technologies, Dependability, Handles Pressure, General Programming Skills, Internet Technologies, Learning on the Fly, Verbal Communication
Find out more about how to hire: