This telecommunications specialist sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Telecommunications Specialist Job Responsibilities:
Establishes communications systems by programming voice and data telecommunications network circuits and equipment.
Telecommunications Specialist Job Duties:
- Plans network installations by studying technical specifications; preparing an installation schematic.
- Establishes voice and data networks by programming features; establishing interfaces and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools.
- Verifies service by testing and re-programming circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying and correcting problems; conferring with engineers.
- Documents network by recording configuration diagrams and programming.
- Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation.
- Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions.
- Maintains safe work environment by following standards and policies.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Telecommunications Specialist Skills and Qualifications:
Telecommunications Knowledge, Telecommunications Technologies, Technical Understanding, Technical Zeal, Technical Documentation, Attention to Detail, Independence, Functional and Technical Skills, Dealing with Complexity, Decision Making, Operating Systems
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Telecommunications Specialist Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Find out more about writing a job description: