[Intro Paragraph] Think of this section as an elevator pitch for the role and your company that prompts talented copywriters to hit “apply.” Show why your company is a great place to work by describing the company culture, mission, values, and any accolades. If you run a marketing agency, name drop some of your high-profile clients to attract copywriters who are excited about the brands they’d work with if they join your team.
Copywriter Job Requirements and Responsibilities: Now that you’ve grabbed their attention, share a detailed list of responsibilities so they know what to expect and can determine if they’ve got the necessary skills. For example, you may be looking for a copywriter who:
- Writes compelling copy across all marketing channels, including website copy, email campaigns, blog posts, video scripts, digital and print ads, and packaging.
- Edits and proofreads all copy before it goes live.
- Develops and maintains the brand voice and tone.
- Uses data-driven marketing to guide all copy decisions.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment and meets tight deadlines.
- Presents creative briefs and finished projects to company executives.
- Works on multiple projects at once and excels at project management.
- Collaborates with colleagues from other departments to help them hit their marketing goals.
- Knows how to use popular digital marketing tools, including content management software, search engine optimization software, and website analytics software.
[Work Hours and Benefits]: Use this section to specify if you’re hiring a full-time or part-time copywriter and if it is a contract or permanent position. This is also where you’ll want to note benefits and perks like health insurance, parental leave, paid time off, retirement plans, equity, career growth opportunities, a flexible work schedule, and a learning stipend.
Copywriter Qualifications and Skills: Share the necessary and preferred requirements so qualified copywriting candidates apply. For example, you may want to include the following:
- Develops strong working relationships.
- Communicates effectively and has strong written and verbal presentation skills.
- Learns quickly and enjoys tackling new projects.
- Works well independently and with a team.
- Knows how to write in a brand’s voice and tone.
- Follows the brand style guide.
- Uses qualitative and quantitative analysis to guide content decisions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, English, or a related major is required.
- At least two years of agency or in-house copywriting experience is strongly preferred.
[Call to Action] Effective job descriptions invite interested candidates to apply. Include instructions for how to apply from the job board or your website.
Post Your Copywriter Job Description
After customizing your copywriter job description, your next challenge is to get it seen by the right candidates. We can help! Take advantage of Monster’s global reach and search tools to find qualified copywriters almost as fast as they can sell you that pen. Kick off your search with a free job posting today.