Patient Advocate Job Description
This patient advocate sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Patient Advocate Job Responsibilities:
Maintains patient rights by educating patients; responding to patient and patient family complaints; resolving patient issues; reporting unresolved issues.
Patient Advocate Job Duties:
- Presents the hospital's patient rights philosophy to patients by visiting with them; introducing them to the patient right's brochure; confirming their understanding of who to contact with questions or concerns.
- Prevents complaints by counseling with supervisors and managers who see a problem developing; offering suggestions to resolve potential complaints; modifying practices that cause repeated complaints.
- Documents complaints by listening to patient and patient family complaints; documenting details; determining what resolution is sought.
- Resolves complaints by listening to patients and their families; directing them to a physician or supervisor; helping them present facts to the hospital representative; developing acceptable resolutions; following-up on outcomes.
- Alerts legal department and administrator by documenting unresolved complaints and potential legal actions.
- Maintains patient and family confidence by keeping complaint information confidential.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing patient complaint processes; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Enhances patient advocacy and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Patient Advocate Skills and Qualifications:
Persuasion, Verbal Communication, Health Promotion and Maintenance, FDA Health Regulations, Building Relationships, Resolving Conflict, Coordination, Listening, Legal Compliance, Organization, Integrity
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Patient Advocate Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Read more about how to hire: