Patient Advocate Job Description
Patient Advocate Job Responsibilities:Maintains patient rights by educating patients; responding to patient and patient family complaints; resolving patient issues; reporting unresolved issues.
Patient Advocate Job Duties:
- Presents the hospital's patient rights philosophy to patients by visiting with them; introducing them to the patient right's brochure; confirming their understanding of who to contact with questions or concerns.
- Prevents complaints by counseling with supervisors and managers who see a problem developing; offering suggestions to resolve potential complaints; modifying practices that cause repeated complaints.
- Documents complaints by listening to patient and patient family complaints; documenting details; determining what resolution is sought.
- Resolves complaints by listening to patients and their families; directing them to a physician or supervisor; helping them present facts to the hospital representative; developing acceptable resolutions; following-up on outcomes.
- Alerts legal department and administrator by documenting unresolved complaints and potential legal actions.
- Maintains patient and family confidence by keeping complaint information confidential.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing patient complaint processes; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Enhances patient advocacy and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Patient Advocate Skills and Qualifications:Persuasion, Verbal Communication, Health Promotion and Maintenance, FDA Health Regulations, Building Relationships, Resolving Conflict, Coordination, Listening, Legal Compliance, Organization, Integrity
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Patient Advocate Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Read more about how to hire: