This medical claims specialist/examiner sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Medical Claims Specialist/Examiner
Medical Claims Specialist/Examiner Job Purpose: Serves medical insurance customers by determining insurance coverage; examining and resolving medical claims; documenting actions; maintaining quality customer services; ensuring legal compliance.
Medical Claims Specialist/Examiner Job Duties:
- Determines covered medical insurance losses by studying provisions of policy or certificate.
- Establishes proof of loss by studying medical documentation; assembling additional information as required from outside sources, including claimant, physician, employer, hospital, and other insurance companies; initiating or conducting investigation of questionable claims.
- Documents medical claims actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Resolves medical claims by approving or denying documentation; calculating benefit due; initiating payment or composing denial letter.
- Ensures legal compliance by following company policies, procedures, guidelines, as well as state and federal insurance regulations.
- Maintains quality customer services by following customer service practices; responding to customer inquiries.
- Provides legal support by assembling documentation for settlement action.
- Protects operations by keeping claims information confidential.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Claims Adjustment, Financial Software, Documentation Skills, Data Entry Skills, Analyzing Information , Problem Solving, Verbal Communication, Customer Focus, FDA Health Regulations, General Math Skills, Statistical Analysis
Find out more about how to hire: