[Intro paragraph] People seeking the highest quality applicants should begin their job description with a 2-3 sentence paragraph highlighting a few things that make your opportunity unique and the value you bring to the table. This is your chance to really make your home care situation shine and set yourself apart from competing postings.
Nanny Job Responsibilities:
- Provides customized and personalized childcare for their children in their home.
- Administers one-on-one care and meets the physical, emotional, social, and intellectual needs of the children.
- Contributes to a safe, caring, nurturing, and stimulating environment in which the children thrive and develop.
- Keeps the children’s areas neat and tidy and does the children’s laundry.
- Transports children to and from activities, grocery shops for the children, and plans the children’s daily schedule.
- May include additional household tasks, such as cleaning, cooking, housekeeping, and laundry.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is where you’ll want to include details about your working hours and benefits. Advise prospective nannies about flexible hours or work-week structures, and any driving or travel requirements. You can also highlight any benefits you offer, like commuter credits, childcare reimbursement, or paid time off.
- Creating a safe, nurturing environment
- Excellent communication skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Must be over 18 years old
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- CPR/FA, 1 & 2 (within 6-12 months of hire), and CPI certification
- Any state-mandated certification
- Minimum one (1) year of professional or personal experience supporting children with disabilities or challenging behaviors a plus
- Must have a valid in-state driver’s license, provide current registration and insurance, and have a driving record with no more than 2 points within the last 3 years
[Call to Action] This is where you turn potential applicants into actual applicants. The best performing listings include a strong call to action, letting prospective nannies know exactly how to apply with details on how and where to submit an application, resume, and other supporting documents.
Love Your Nanny Job Description?
A perfect posting is only half the battle. Take your search to the next level with Monster job ads and our wide range of monthly plans to choose from. Find the best plan for your company and we’ll give you access to our massive resume database, and robust candidate searching engagement platform SearchMonster, at no extra charge. Find your next nanny today!