Senior Sales Executive
[Intro Paragraph] Begin your senior sales executive job description with a concise paragraph or list of bulleted items designed to sell your workplace to applicants. Are you a large corporation with big-name clients and room for advancement, or a small company with close ties to the local community? Be sure to highlight whatever makes your workplace special near the top of your job post. This is also a great place to talk about your philosophy toward professional development and advancements, work-life balance, corporate responsibility and social action, or diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Senior Sales Executive Job Responsibilities:
- Drives business by identifying and selling prospects and maintaining relationships with clients.
- Enhances staff accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions, answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members, teaching improved processes, and mentoring team members.
- Expands business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry and researching and analyzing sales options.
- Sells products and services by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects and recommending solutions.
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; and recommending profit and service improvements.
- Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Prepares reports and presentations by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and other content, establishing personal networks, benchmarking best practices, and participating in professional and industry organizations.
[Work Hours & Benefits] In this section you should aim to sell the position to potential applicants, just like the first section of your senior sales executive job description sold candidates on your workplace. Highlight the salary range and benefits, including commissions and bonuses. You might also mention perks that are typical to the field, such as travel and a company car. To ensure that the salary range you mention is in line with similar salaries for this position in your region, use a salary tool that allows you to input job title and location.
Senior Sales Executive Skills and Qualifications:
- Sales and account management experience
- Experience using sales tracking or customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Prospecting and lead generation and nurturing experience
- Sales planning and organization skills
- Closing skills
- Client relationships
- Presentation skills
- Communication skills
- Negotiation and collaboration
- Product knowledge
- Problem solving
- Mentoring and coaching
- Business computing skills
Education, Experience & Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or sales preferred
- Certified Sales Professional (CSP) certification a plus
- Previous sales and account management experience
[Call to Action] Your senior sales executive job description should finish strong with a call to action that urges applicants to fill out an online application, or send a resume, along with a cover letter to a designated recruiter.
Leverage Your Senior Sales Executive Job Description to Recruit Top Revenue-Generating Talent
Now that you know how to write a job description that will entice top talent to your sales team, extend your reach with a free job listing and find your next great closer.