Quality Assurance Director
[Intro Paragraph] Make this first paragraph a short marketing summary introduction to your company. Your introductory paragraph should be a short, two- to three-sentence marketing summary of your company. This is your chance to create excitement in your prospective candidate’s mind about the possibility of working for you. Tell them what you have to offer new hires that makes your position stand out from other competing roles.
QA Director Job Responsibilities:
- Assures quality products and processes by establishing and enforcing quality standards and testing materials and products.
- Establishes quality and reliability standards by studying product and consumer requirements with other members of management and with production operators, technicians, and engineers.
- Develops raw material standards by studying manufacturing and engineering requirements, conferring and negotiating with suppliers, and devising testing methods and procedures.
- Implements in-process product inspection standards by studying manufacturing methods and devising testing methods and procedures.
- Establishes standards for the disposition of finished product by devising evaluation tests, methods, and procedures.
- Institutes rework standards by devising inspection and physical testing methods and procedures.
- Creates product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements.
- Collaborates with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs and manufacturing and training methods.
- Prepares product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Completes quality assurance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Develops a quality assurance staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Manages quality assurance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Ensures quality by planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing the quality assurance budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Research has shown that putting work hours and benefits here in the middle of your job description encourages your potential new hire to keep reading your ad. Be sure to add information about special working hours or benefits, such as flexible schedules, weekend work, travel requirements, and work-from-home opportunities. You will also want to mention additional benefits such as free food, office perks, and commuter benefits.
QA Director Qualifications/Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytic skills
- Collaboration skills
- Product management skills
- QA process skills
- Computer knowledge and skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BA or BS in appropriate discipline
- Experience with QA measuring and testing equipment
- Five to 10 years’ experience as QA director
- Knowledge of safety requirements and legal standards
- Working knowledge of quality system requirements
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Project Management and Analytics software
[Call to Action] Here, at the end of your QA director job description, you need to give your potential new hire a way to respond to your ad. This is called a call to action. Tell your candidate what they need to do to apply to your position. This can be by having them click the apply button, sending a resume to an email address, or applying on the company’s website. Failure to use a call to action will result in fewer candidates applying for your position.
Ready to Post Your Job Description?
Now that you have the perfect QA director job description, you need to get it working for you. Monster can help with that. Monster is a leader in connecting employers with employees. We have monthly plans that will provide you the flexibility that you need. Start off by choosing your plan and know that you can upgrade or scale down as your needs change, without additional cost. Let Monster help you get started today!