[Intro paragraph] Publications seeking the highest quality employees often include use two or three sentences at the beginning of the description to tell job seekers a few of things that make their office unique and the value they bring to new employees. This is your opportunity to really set yourself apart from any other editor job postings.
Editor Job Responsibilities:
- Manages a team of writers and is responsible for curating fresh, relevant, and informative content.
- Directs creation of new content and determines when and how to re-surface prior work during relevant news.
- Helps the team craft and refine ideas, cultivate sources, report, and write articles on a daily basis.
- Responsible for editing explainers written by members of the broader newsroom.
- Oversees social media, graphics, and a web production.
- Collaborates closely with the data journalists and the managing editor for investigations.
- Brainstorms new stories, series, concepts, themes, and formats as needed.
- Hires writers and contributes to building up high-quality writer pool.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is the perfect place to include details about your company’s working hours and benefits. Give prospective editors information about flexible hours, work-week structures, or any travel requirements. You can also highlight the benefits that make your company a great place to work, like tuition or continuing education credits, paid parental leave, or childcare reimbursement.
Editor Qualifications / Skills:
- Strong editorial background and proofreading skills
- Experience adhering to editorial and technical style guides
- Oral and written communication
- Comfortable with frequent cross-functional and senior management contact
- Able to exert indirect authority to deliver results
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Media or related field
- 5+ years demonstrated excellence in content creation or editing, including online publishing
- Experience with HTML, XML, DITA and related content-management tools
[Call to Action] Now it’s time to turn potential applicants into actual applicants. Let your next editor know exactly how to apply with a powerful call to action. including details on resume, application, and supporting document submission. Or, you can have them click the “apply” button at the top of this job listing.
Ready to Publish Your Editor Job Description?
Now that you’ve built the perfect posting, take your search for the best editor to the next level. Monster job ads give you a wide range of monthly plans to choose from and we allow you to cancel any time. Find your ideal plan and we’ll give you access to our massive resume database, MonsterSearch, at no extra charge. Start your plan today!