[Intro paragraph] We encourage you to lead off your program manager job description with 2-3 sentences telling prospective program managers a little bit about your company, culture, and working environment. This is your opportunity to sell yourself to the job candidate, describing your company’s values and what you can offer new employees, truly setting your position apart from competing job listings.
- Accomplishes strategic objectives by overseeing multiple project activities.
- Manages human resource goals by recruiting, training, coaching, and disciplining employees.
- Communicates job expectations by planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions.
- Plans and reviews compensation actions and enforces policies and procedures.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews and preparing and completing action plans
- Implements production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards by resolving problems, completing audits, identifying trends, determining system improvements, and implementing change.
- Meets financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Now that job seekers know what’s required of them, you may want to include details about your working hours and benefits. Highlight flexible hours, telecommuting, or work from home options, as well as any on-site meeting or travel requirements. It’s also a great time to describe any unique benefits that set your company apart, like profit sharing, paid time off, tuition credits, or continuing education reimbursement.
Program Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Staffing, planning, and people management
- Managing performance and profitability
- Financial planning and strategy
- Promoting process improvement
- Strategic planning
- Dealing with complexity, analyzing information, and implementing company vision
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in relevant industry
- Minimum 1-3 years’ management experience
[Call to Action] The closing of your program manager job description is where you want to include a strong call to action, letting potential applicants know exactly how to apply and compelling them to do so. Include any specific details, like hiring manager contact information or required documentation, or just tell them to click on the “apply” button at the top of the job listing.
Find a Program Manager Who Can Help Your Team Collaborate
Once you’ve written a detailed and targeted program manager job description capable of attracting top talent, it’s time to share it with job seekers. Monster has a broad global reach and can help you in your search by offering a free job posting.