Physical Therapy Aide
[Intro Paragraph] Begin your physical therapy aide job description with a concise paragraph or list of bulleted items designed to sell workplace to applicants. Emphasize your institution’s values, mission, reputation, research and innovation, awards, and institutional and educational partnerships. Mention leadership opportunities and training, but also ways your facility makes a difference in people’s lives and healthcare outcomes.
Physical Therapy Aide Job Responsibilities:
- Supports physical therapy care delivery by preparing treatment area, patient, equipment, and materials, and performs procedures under the supervision of a physical therapist or physical therapy assistant.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patients for physical therapy treatment by welcoming, comforting, providing and/or assisting patient into physical therapy apparel or apertures.
- Provides information to patients by answering questions and requests and allaying fears.
- Helps treat patients by applying heat packs and paraffin dips, assisting patients into whirlpool, helping patients onto exercise equipment, monitoring motion, tracking walking time and distance, measuring mobility, and performing prescribed exercises and strengthening techniques.
- Educates patients by demonstrating proper use of equipment and exercise routines.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Provides equipment and supplies by sterilizing and delivering equipment and supplies to treatment area, positioning equipment for therapist access, and positioning patient on equipment.
- Ensures operation of physical therapy equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctioning equipment, and calling for repairs.
- Maintains physical therapy supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing, and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
[Work Hours & Benefits] In this section of your physical therapy aide job description you’ll want to sell the position to potential applicants in a similar way as your first paragraph marketed the workplace to candidates. To ensure that the salary range you mention is in line with similar salaries in your region, you can use a salary tool that allows you to input job title and location. You can also mention benefits, including on-the-job training, medical benefits, paid time off (PTO), and on-site amenities such as a fitness center or daycare.
Physical Therapy Aide Skills and Qualifications:
- Safety focus
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Empathy and compassion
- Patient focus
- Supply management
- Physical strength and stamina
Education, Experience & Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
[Call to Action] Your physical therapy aide job description should finish strong with a call to action that urges applicants to send a resume or fill out an online or in-person application.
Now That You Know What to Include in A Physical Therapy Aide Job Description, Extend Your Reach
You’ve mastered the steps required to write a comprehensive job description for a physical therapy aide. Now leverage your post with a free job listing from Monster.