[Intro Paragraph] Start your restaurant host job description with an introduction to your eatery. Is it fine dining, fast-casual, or a family-friendly establishment? If it’s a sports-themed restaurant, for example, play that up to get interested applicants in the door. Note any culinary awards or recognition that may attract candidates passionate about fine dining. This is your chance to highlight those qualities that make your restaurant unique.
Restaurant Host Job Responsibilities:
- Welcome guests in a warm and friendly manner.
- Ascertains their dining/lodging needs.
- Seats guests and manages the seating chart.
- Monitors restaurant activity to determine seating and dining flow.
- Responds to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner.
- Performs opening and closing duties, as needed,
- Assists others with side work including, but not limited to cleaning, stocking, folding silverware, etc.
- Helps fellow team members and other departments wherever necessary to maintain positive working relationships.
[Work Hours & Benefits] You’ll also want to include information about your working hours and benefits. If they’ve gotten this far, it means they’re probably interested but details about what’s expected. Most restaurants require availability on nights, weekends, holidays, and often late-night shifts during busy periods. Don’t forget to mention any special benefits that you offer such as uniforms provided, food and beverages provided during shifts and employee discounts.
Restaurant Host Qualifications / Skills:
- Verbal Communication
- Customer Service
- Resolving Conflict
- Energy Level
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma
- Prior restaurant or hotel experience preferred
[Call to Action] Job descriptions that include a compelling call to action right here tend to get the most responses. Tell job seekers exactly how you’d like them to apply, whether by clicking on the “apply” button at the top of the job listing, emailing a resume, or applying at the restaurant in person.
Put Your Restaurant Host Job Description to Work for You
It pays to take your time and write a compelling job description that will attract top candidates, and this template can help you achieve that goal. Take it to the next level today; post your position for free on Monster’s world-class job board.