[Intro Paragraph] To create a successful staff accountant job description, you should include a strong and memorable introduction. In a few sentences, describe the company you work for by sharing the work culture, brand and talent clientele, and insights into the founders. Sharing these compelling details will set your company apart from the competition.
Staff Accountant Job Responsibilities: The staff accountant should be a self-starting professional who is comfortable using analytics. To inform candidates on what their work will look like, it’s important to include the job responsibilities in your staff accountant job description. Some examples include:
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files as well as reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information.
- Protects the organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
[Work Hours and Benefits]: The next paragraph should go deeper into the work schedule and benefits. Most staff accountants work full time during office hours. However, they usually need to be responsive outside of those hours pending the needs of the clients. Include these details if this counts for your position, too.
The benefits should not be left out of the staff accountant job description. In addition to the salary, which on average is based on the experience level of the candidate, the benefits package may include medical insurance, 401(K), company car, or free daycare. Including the benefits will create excitement among readers and motivate them to apply.
Staff Accountant Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong analytic abilities
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Works well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ownership and pride in work product
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate’s degree in accounting, bachelor’s degree in accounting is preferred
- [number] years’ experience with general staff accounting
- Agency experience is a plus
[Call to Action] Your staff accountant job description won’t get you anywhere without a strong call to action. In this section of your job post, your goal is to turn job seekers into candidates. By introducing an apply button that redirects future candidates towards the hiring site, or by adding the address candidates can forward their resume to, you invite job seekers to apply to your job post.
Find the Next Staff Accountant With Your Job Description
Creating a well-written and professional staff accountant job description is the first step in finding your next hire. Now it’s time to get your job post in front of talented job seekers. Start searching by posting your job ad for free.