[Intro Paragraph] A short introduction at the start of your financial auditor job description is an ideal place to introduce your company. Highlight your company’s unique culture, talk about the work environment, and take this opportunity to set yourself apart from your competitors.
Financial Auditor Job Responsibilities: The next step is to write a detailed list with job responsibilities that the candidate needs to possess in order to complete the role. Be specific so candidates know if they’re suitable for the job. Here are some responsibilities you can include:
- Verifies figures, documents, and account details for auditing, such as cash flow data, income statements, and tax returns.
- Provides financial control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Researches financial documents in preparation for the auditing process.
- Presents financial analysis to members of the auditing team.
- Plans financial audits from start to finish.
- Assesses risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance.
- Assists stakeholders in determining figures, valuations, and projections.
[Work Hours and Benefits] The next part of your financial auditor job description should address the required work hours and benefits you offer. Are your looking hire a full-time or part-time employee? Do you expect them to work overtime? Be specific so candidates know if they’ll be able to manage the expected workflow. To show them that your company values hard work, also mention the benefits and perks your company has to offer. Talk about your competitive salary as well as whether you offer benefits such as flexible scheduling, life insurance plans, and health savings accounts, among others.
Financial Auditor Qualifications and Skills
- Strong math and computer-related skills
- Proficient at presenting and writing detailed reports
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Education and Experience Requirements
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting sciences or a related field
- At least [number] of years’ experience as a financial accountant or analyst
- Exceptional understanding of financial rules and regulations
- Knowledge of accounting software such as SAP, Sage Pastel, or similar systems
[Call to Action] To close out your job description, you should include a strong call to action that motivates applicants to apply and provides clear instructions for doing so. For instance, tell applicants to submit an application by clicking on the link on the job listing or, if you prefer, provide them with the email address they can use to forward their resume. Make it as easy and painless a process as possible.
Ready to Start Auditing Candidates for the Job?
After you’ve used our financial auditor job description template to create a professional job post, let Monster help you find top candidates quickly. Find out how you can get started with a free job posting today.