[Intro paragraph] Begin your treasurer job description with an introductory paragraph that tells prospective applicants a little bit more about your company than just the name. This is your chance to set your company’s working environment apart from the rest. Take 2-3 sentences to shape your recruiting pitch to the ideal candidate and you’ll lure the best of the best candidates.
Treasurer Job Responsibilities:
- Analyzes and recommends optimal capital structure alternatives and roadmap to implementation.
- Evaluates the company’s borrowing capacity and optimal use of debt to finance future growth, focusing on current and future leverage metrics and rating agency implications.
- Supports and manages financial structure, negotiating and executing financing transactions as needed, including bank facilities, debt financing, lenders, documentation review and covenants.
- Executes stock repurchase program execution, foreign currency hedging support, and investment management.
- Ensures Treasury strategies are aligned to support business growth while minimizing risk.
- Guarantees global banking needs are sufficient to support the business.
- Develops a strategy and corresponding policies and procedures for the company’s global banking structure.
- Enhances operational efficiency, while minimizing risk and banking fees.
- Compiles information from around the company to create a routine cash forecasting process, understanding the impact of working capital policies, accounting methods, capital projections, and board authorizations.
- Creates a strategy and policy for investing cash as appropriate, while ensuring operational flexibility and preservation of capital.
- Anticipates cash needs and make recommendations to the Executive Staff and BOD for raising funds through the acquisition of debt, sale of stock, or changes in company policies that impact the amount of working capital required to run the business.
- Manages the credit and collections process.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Discuss the particular working hours and benefits specific to your company right here. This is your chance to tell prospective treasurers about work-from-home, telecommuting, and support staff options. You can also focus on the perks and benefits that set you apart, such as stock and ownership options, paid parental leave, or corporate travel accounts.
Treasurer Qualifications / Skills:
- Financial planning and strategy
- Strategic planning and vision
- Promotion of process improvement
- Corporate finance
- Budget development
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or a related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- Seven years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Five years of supervisory experience
- CPA is desirable
[Call to Action] Now that you have a prospective treasurer’s interest, you need to let them know how to apply and encourage them to do so with a well-crafted, compelling call to action. Advise job seekers to apply through the “apply” button on the job listing or to contact your HR department directly.
Ready to Post Your Treasurer Job Description?
Crafting a nice job description and waiting for a response is a great start. But did you know Monster job ads can put you in the driver’s seat when it comes to finding the right treasurer? We offer a range of monthly plans that can be customized for your job search. Get started right here!