[Intro Paragraph] Begin your data architect job description with a concise paragraph or list of bulleted items designed to sell your company. You might mention your brand’s reputation for innovation, or your high profile within the tech sector. Include information about your corporate culture: Are you a leader in work-life balance? A growth leader on the verge of exciting new developments? Whatever traits make your workplace special can serve as important selling points for the right candidate.
Data Architect Job Responsibilities:
- Achieves organizational goals by defining, integrating, and upgrading a comprehensive architecture to support applications, platforms, and databases.
- Maintains database by determining structural requirements, and developing and installing solutions.
- Ensures security of all information and computer systems and digital data.
- Ensures adherence to government regulations and guidelines for technological systems and safeguarding of data.
- Recommends upgrades and systems for purchase.
- Trouble shoots and finds solutions for computer systems issues that affect data storage as they arise.
- Achieves ecommerce information architecture operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, implementing production and quality standards, resolving problems, identifying trends, determining system improvements, and implementing change.
- Meets information architecture financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Studies organizational mission, goals, and business drivers, and confers with senior management to understand information requirements.
- Defines infrastructure for design and integration of internet computing systems by analyzing information requirements, studying business operations and user-interface requirements, and directing development of physical database.
- Determines platform architecture, technology, and tools.
- Confirms architecture capability and flexibility to support high availability web applications by developing analytical models and completing validation tests.
- Improves architecture by tracking emerging technologies and evaluating their applicability to business goals and operational requirements.
- Communicates technology needs and strategy to fellow members of executive team.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
[Work Hours & Benefits] In this section of your data architect job description you’ll want to sell the position to potential applicants just as you sold candidates on the workplace in your first paragraph. Mention benefits, such as health insurance, bonus potential, and 401(k). Include a salary range and use a salary tool that allows you to input job title and location to determine what level of compensation Java architects can command in your community.
Data Architect Skills/Qualifications:
- Understanding of data analysis, business principles, and operations
- Software architecture and design
- Network design and implementation
- Problem-solving capability
- Ability to clearly present technical information to fellow technical professionals as well as non-technical peers
- Web programming skills
- Developing budgets
- Project management
- Research and analytical skills
- Ability to improvise and find workarounds
- Adaptability and curiosity
- Presentation and communication skills
- Integrity and trustworthiness with confidential data
Education, Experience, & Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or information systems; master’s degree a plus
- 1-2 years previous experience as a software developer or data architect or in a data management role
- Experience with software network design and implementation
- Certified Data Architect
[Call to Action] Your data architect job description should finish strong with a call to action that urges applicants to send a resume and cover letter or fill out an online application.
Your Data Architect Job Description Covers All the Bases — Now Get the Word Out
Monster’s global reach can help you secure the right candidate for this crucial role in a highly competitive field. Make the most of your data architect job post today with a free job listing.