IT Project Manager
[Intro Paragraph] Begin your IT project manager job description with a few sentences that introduce your company and the open position. Mention the success of your brand and the cutting-edge technologies your company works on. The introduction is where you differentiate yourself from the competition, so make your workplace stand out.
IT Project Manager Job Responsibilities: The IT project manager is responsible for setting the team’s deadlines and ensuring a successful outcome. Include these job responsibilities to attract the best candidates for the job.
- Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations.
- Manages and hires staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training new employees.
- Maintains the organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data centers.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and backup procedures and information security and control structures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing annual budgets, and scheduling expenditures.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours and Benefits] The next paragraph of your IT project manager job description is a great place to include details about the work hours and benefits of the open position. Inform prospective IT project managers about the work schedule, including work-from-home options, and discuss the PTO policy. Don’t forget to highlight other office perks as well, like health insurance coverage or paid maternity and paternity leave.
IT Project Manager Qualifications and Skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in managing cross-functional teams
- Great social skills
- Result-orientated mindset
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- PMP or Project Management Certifications is a plus
- Minimum of [number] years of IT project management experience
[Call to Action] After you’ve attracted attention to your job posting, it’s time to convert readers into applicants. Include a compelling call to action that tells IT project managers how they can apply for your job. Provide them with the necessary information, like the HR email address, a direct link to the hiring website, or a postal address for mail-in applications.
Use Your It Project Manager Job Description to Find Your Next Hire
A great IT project manager oversees a team of professionals while knowing all IT-related matters. Once your job description is completed, you’ll want to get it in front of as many talented IT project managers as possible. We can help speed up this process by offering a job post at no cost.