Senior Information Architect
[Intro Paragraph] Start by showing potential candidates why your company is a great career move. Discuss the company culture, mission, values, and accolades. It’s also helpful to mention any professional development initiatives you offer like mentorship programs, training programs, and stipends for classes and certifications. Depending on your business, you may want to feature user reviews, your website traffic or app downloads, and some of the exciting projects the senior information architect would tackle.
Senior Information Architect Job Responsibilities: Use this section of your senior information architect job description to share a list of the responsibilities so candidates can determine whether they’re interested in the work and up to the task. For example, you may want to include the following:
- Manages a growing team of information architects.
- Designs the information architecture for websites and apps.
- Analyzes market research and user data to make decisions.
- Conducts user experience interviews and focus groups.
- Develops and runs A/B and multi-variate tests.
- Builds wireframes, user flows, site maps, and storyboards.
- Prepares mockups, including the page layout and navigation.
- Works closely with sales, marketing, and other departments.
- Advises on the design, coding, and deployment process.
- Presents proposals, finished projects, and results to executives.
- Continues to make updates based on user data and team feedback.
[Work Hours and Benefits] Senior information architects usually work full-time, so be sure to specify if you’re looking for a part-time employee. Senior information architects have a lot of responsibility and expect that there may be some long days in the office. Show that their effort will be rewarded by describing your benefits package and financial perks like performance bonuses and equity.
Information Architect Qualifications and Skills: Use these sections of your senior information architect job description to list the necessary and preferred skills and qualifications. For example, you may want to include the following:
- Exhibits strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Works well with a team and has strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrates strong productivity and organization skills.
- Communicates effectively and has advanced presentation skills.
- Builds close relationships with colleagues across departments.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in information architecture, information systems, computer science, or a related major is required.
- A master’s degree in information architecture, information systems, computer science, or a related major is preferred.
- At least [number] years of information architecture experience is required.
[Call to Action] An effective job description will invite interested information architects to apply. You may want to use this section to include more information about the timeline and next steps in the hiring process so candidates know what’s next.
Make the Most of Your Senior Information Architect Job Description
Eager to quickly find someone with the skills and experience to design best-in-class websites and apps for your business? Monster can help you reach a large pool of qualified candidates. Use our resume screening tools and public resume database to find top candidates. Get the process started today with a free job listing.