Therapist Job Description Sample
Hiring the right therapist can make a huge difference for your practice and your patients. To that end, this therapist job description sample can help you craft a job posting to find well-qualified candidates. Simply customize the details to include the specific job duties and requirements applicable to the position. And feel free to browse our existing therapist job listings to get more ideas for what to include.
[Intro Paragraph] The introductory paragraph is a great place to briefly describe your company and working environment. Take a few sentences to sell your company to your ideal therapist candidate, explaining what sets you apart from other practices and organizations.
Therapist Job Responsibilities:
- Establishes positive, trusting rapport with patients.
- Diagnoses and treats mental health disorders.
- Creates individualized treatment plans according to patient needs and circumstances.
- Meets with patients regularly to provide counseling, treatment and adjust treatment plans as necessary.
- Conducts ongoing assessments of patient progress.
- Involves and advises family members when appropriate.
- Refers patients to outside specialists or agencies when necessary.
- Maintains thorough records of patient meetings and progress.
- Follows all safety protocols and maintains client confidentiality.
- Contributes to practice by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Next, you’ll want to include details about your company’s working hours and benefits. Give prospective applicants a sense of your typical work hours and flexible scheduling options you might offer. It’s also a good idea to describe particularly attractive benefits, like paid parental leave, commuter benefits and childcare reimbursements.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to build rapport quickly
- Detail oriented
- Ability to communicate with compassion and empathy
- Strong ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Master’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling, or related field
- Current with all state licensing requirements, including LPCC, LICSW and LMFT
- Several years’ clinical experience
[Call to Action] A vital part of the job description is the call to action where you encourage candidates to apply and explain exactly how to do so. For example, you could have them email the application and resume to your HR department, or instruct them to click the “apply” button at the top of the job posting.
Ready to Post Your Therapist Job Description?
Once you’ve created a thorough job description, you can move on to other strategies to improve your search. To help with that, Monster job ads has a wide a range of monthly plans which can be tailored to fit any company size and job search. Get started today!