Team leader job description sample
This team leader job description sample provides the perfect start when creating a job posting that will attract top candidates and turn them into applicants. For best results, keep the structure and organization of the description, and simply update it to reflect the specific duties and requirements of the open position for which you are hiring. You can also browse our team leader job listings for more ideas about how to build the perfect posting.
[Intro paragraph] We also encourage you to begin your job description with 2-3 sentences telling prospective leaders a little bit about your company, corporate culture, and working environment. This is your opportunity to sell job candidate on your business, describing your values and what you bring to the table for new employees. That will truly set your position apart from competing listings.
Team Leader Job Responsibilities:
- Directs, administers and controls the day to day operations and activities of facilities and programs in an assigned area.
- Provides leadership, support and guidance to facility management.
- Ensures compliance with established company and regulatory guidelines and procedures to provide high quality service and outstanding customer care.
- Participates in the implementation of divisional and company initiatives and strategies.
- Practices cost containment strategies, maintaining profitability and growth of area.
- Directs and oversees the business of the assigned facilities within a defined area through effective leadership and management of customer service, quality care, marketing, and responsible fiscal management.
- Coordinates operation strategies and activities to ensure the provision of outstanding customer service while adhering to regulatory and company guidelines and requirements ensuring efficiency and economy.
- Participates in the development of area strategic plans, goals, and objectives ensuring alignment with those of the region, division, and company.
- Implements location-specific and area quality goals and action plans in order to achieve quality standards.
- Provides informal feedback on an ongoing basis and formal feedback in the annual performance evaluation process to identify and develop talent.
- Manages the staffing through the appropriate hiring, firing, and disciplinary actions in collaboration with HR.
- Ensures and promotes the development of the area management team/succession planning through coaching, training, and leadership development.
- Ensures a strong and robust communications process between all managers and staff within the area and across the division as needed by leading communications sessions and meetings with managers and ensuring the appropriate dissemination of communications to support staff.
- Manages profit and loss for each assigned location including optimal performance of facility operations to achieve or exceed budgets and key performance indicators.
- Manages the payroll and oversees expenses and accounts payable for the assigned area practicing cost containment strategies as appropriate.
- Implements business initiatives including prompt corrective action plans for locations with below threshold performance.
- Ensures efficient and economical performance in accordance with operating budgets, year-end goals and objectives.
- Reviews analysis of performance including financial and productivity data for area and makes the appropriate changes in strategies, goals, and objectives responding to current status and conditions.
- Ensures all employees receive the appropriate training and education, including ongoing compliance training.
- Collaborates with the General Manager, Group Vice President of Operations, and Regional Vice President of Operations when necessary to respond to Joint Venture (JV) opportunities and identify merger and acquisition opportunities.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Now that job seekers know what’s required of them, you may want to include details about your working hours and benefits. Highlight the possibility for flexible hours, telecommuting, or work from home options, as well as any seasonal or travel requirements. It’s also a great opportunity to describe any employee benefits that set your company apart, like profit sharing, childcare reimbursement, or paid time off.
Team Leader Qualifications / Skills:
- Staffing, planning, and people management
- Managing performance and profitability
- Financial planning and strategy
- Promoting process improvement
- Strategic planning
- Dealing with complexity, analyzing information, and implementing company vision
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in business or management preferred
- Minimum 12 months experience in specific industry
- Advanced supervisory experience a plus
[Call to Action] The best performing job ads also include a strong call to action, letting potential applicants know exactly how to apply. You can include any specific details, like contact information for your hiring manager or required supporting documents. Or you can simply tell them to “click on the apply button at the top of the job listing.”
Ready to post your team leader job description?
Great job! (Get it?) Now get ready to find the best of the best candidates with Monster job ads. Our wide range of monthly plans fits any company’s needs, giving you the ability to upgrade, scale down, or cancel any time. Get started now and you’ll also have access to Monster Studios, our video job description app, at no additional cost.