Marketing Operations Manager
[Intro Paragraph] Begin your marketing operations manager job description with a concise paragraph or list of bulleted items designed to sell your workplace to applicants. Are you a large firm with big-name clients and room for advancement or a boutique agency with close ties to the local community? Whatever makes your workplace special needs to be highlighted near the top of your job post. This is also a great place to talk about your philosophy toward work-life balance; corporate responsibility and social action; or diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Marketing Operations Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Markets products by managing staff, researching, and developing marketing plans, maintaining response operations, and maintaining quality ratings.
- Recruits, selects, onboards, and trains employees; maintains a safe and secure work environment; and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; and initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains customer response operations by establishing work schedules and assigning employees and providing back-up.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing standards, training representatives, monitoring calls, surveying customers, and evaluating outcomes.
- Resolves customer problems by training telemarketing service representatives, maintaining reference manuals and dialogue guides, providing information, and answering questions.
- Maintains work process flows by coordinating information and requirements with related operational departments and participating with and providing resources to business improvement teams.
- Keeps management informed by preparing reports, preparing presentations, interpreting information, and making recommendations.
- Maintains equipment by coordinating requirements with telecommunications and information services departments, examining state-of-the-art technology, recommending upgrades, and controlling installations.
- Oversees brand data and analytics and emerging market trends to strategize ways to increase market share.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate marketing policies and programs to increase customer interest and demand for products and services.
- Works with vendors to deliver physical manufacture and delivery of marketing materials and assets to clients and the public.
- Negotiates contracts for advertising, marketing, and promotions.
- Monitors internal costs and competition pricing to develop pricing and discounting strategies.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing professional networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
[Work Hours & Benefits] In this section you should aim to sell the position to potential applicants, just like the first section of your technical writer job description sold candidates on your workplace. Highlight the salary range and benefits. To ensure that the salary range you mention is in line with similar salaries for technical writers in your region, use a salary tool that allows you to input job title and location.
Marketing Operations Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Market knowledge
- Quality focus
- Customer service
- Process management
- Presentation skills
- Technical understanding
- Financial planning and strategy
- Excellent written communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Strategic mindset
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
Education, Experience & Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field, MBA a bonus
- 3-5 years marketing experience
- Previous management or supervisory experience
[Call to Action] Your marketing operations manager job description should finish strong with a call to action that urges applicants to fill out an online application, or send a resume, along with a cover letter and technical writing samples or link to an online portfolio, to a designated recruiter.
Leverage Your Marketing Operations Manager Job Description With a Free Job Post and Extend Your Reach
Now that you know how to craft a job description that combines all the capabilities you need in your next marketing operations manager, increase your post’s visibility with a free job listing from Monster. Our performance-based approach can help you find the right fit to steer your marketing strategy.