Stock Associate Job Description Sample
This stock associate job description sample can help you assemble an effective job posting to find your next great hire. For the best results, customize the details to include the exact job duties and requirements applicable to the position. And to get more ideas for what to include in your job description, browse our existing stock associate job listings.
[Intro Paragraph] Prospective stock associates will want to know something about your company and working environment. Take two to three sentences to explain to candidates what sets your company apart from the competition.
Stock Associate Job Responsibilities:
- Receives and inspects product.
- Inventories items using company software.
- Maintains correct quantities of items on shelves.
- Generates price labels for products.
- Orders replacement product.
- Breaks down and discards empty packaging.
- Prepares product for shipment.
- Operates tracking scanners to maintain accurate inventory and shipments.
- Assists in order processing as necessary.
- Operates appropriate machinery according to safety protocols.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Next, you’ll want to include details about your company’s working hours and benefits. Give prospective applicants a sense of your typical work hours and flexible scheduling options you might offer. It’s also a good idea to describe particularly attractive benefits, like paid parental leave, commuter benefits and childcare reimbursements.
Stock Associate Qualifications/Skills:
- Strong organizational, time-management and multitasking skills
- Ability to lift 25-30 pounds and stand for long periods of time
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Availability to work nights and weekends
- Working knowledge of catalog systems
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED
- Previous experience operating warehouse machinery preferred
[Call to Action] Don’t forget to include a call to action in your job description. This is where you encourage prospective candidates to apply and explain exactly how to do so. For example, you could direct them to the “apply” button in the job posting or have them email their application and resume to your HR department.
Ready to Post Your Stock Associate Job Description?
Finding the right stock associate starts with the well-written job description you’ve assembled above. To help you hone your search even more, Monster job ads has a wide a range of monthly plans which you can customize to fit your company size and job search. Get started today!