Real Estate Broker Job Description Sample
Talented real estate brokers have the customer service and leadership skills to manage real estate transactions, business operations, and a team of agents. If your real estate brokerage firm is in high demand, it can be helpful to delegate some of the day-to-day operational tasks so you can focus on growing your business.
Ready to find someone who will be an asset to your team and clients? The key to hiring the right real estate broker is to write a job description that attracts candidates who have the skills you need.
It can be helpful to look at other real estate broker job postings on Monster for inspiration, but we know you’re busy running your business. You can save time by customizing this real estate broker job description sample to meet your hiring needs.
Real Estate Broker
[Intro Paragraph] Prompt talented real estate brokers to apply by using this section as an elevator pitch for the role and your firm. Show why it’s a great place to work by describing the culture, mission, values, and accolades. It’s also helpful to highlight professional development initiatives, such as training programs and career advancement opportunities. Mention if your firm focuses on commercial or residential real estate, or both. Specify whether you’re looking for a principal, managing, or associate broker so that only qualified candidates apply.
Real Estate Broker Job Responsibilities: This is where you’ll share a list of the responsibilities so that candidates know what to expect. The responsibilities will differ depending on whether you’re hiring a principal, managing, or associate broker. Depending on your hiring needs, you might be looking for a real estate broker who:
- Oversees daily business operations.
- Writes contracts and supervises transactions.
- Hires, trains, and manages real estate agents.
- Develops marketing materials for the firm.
- Handles record-keeping and compliance.
- Leads buyer and seller transactions as needed.
- Uses real estate software and multiple listings services (MLS).
- Ensures that the team follows all real estate laws, regulations, and procedures.
[Work Hours and Benefits] This is where you’ll specify whether you’re looking for a full-time or part-time real estate broker. Stand out from other brokerage firms by noting your company’s competitive benefits package and any perks, like a flexible schedule or performance bonuses.
Real Estate Broker Qualifications and Skills: Use these sections of your real estate broker job description to list the necessary and preferred requirements so that qualified candidates apply. For example, you may want to include the following:
- Communicates effectively and has strong marketing skills.
- Excels at customer service and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Collaborates with brokers and agents and has strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrates strong project management skills and business acumen.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Certified Real Estate Brokerage Managers (CRB) are preferred.
- An active real estate brokerage license in [state] is required.
- At least [number] years of experience as a real estate agent is required.
[Call to Action] The most effective real estate broker job postings end with an invitation to apply. Provide instructions for how to apply from the job board or your firm’s website. If you have information about the hiring timeline and process, it can be helpful to include it so that real estate brokers know the next steps.
Find a Real Estate Broker Who Can Elevate Your Business
Writing an effective real estate broker job description is just the first step to finding the perfect addition to your team. When you’re ready to put it to work, take advantage of Monster’s global reach and advanced search tools by posting a job for free.