Radiation Therapist Job Description Sample
This radiation therapist job description sample can provide the framework you need to create an effective job posting and recruit qualified radiation therapists. You can also take a look at our existing radiation therapist job listings to get more ideas for crafting your job description.
[Intro Paragraph] A good job description starts with an introductory paragraph that describes your company and working environment to the applicant. Treat these two or three sentences as an elevator pitch, explaining to your ideal radiation therapist candidate the factors that set your company apart from the competition.
Radiation Therapist Job Responsibilities:
- Discusses and explains treatment plans to patients.
- Determines exact location to be treated.
- Administers radiation treatment safely, in consultation with oncology team.
- Calibrates, operates and maintains radiation machine.
- Monitors patients for adverse reactions during treatment.
- Ensures accurate delivery of treatment using medical imaging equipment.
- Advises patients on treating side effects of therapy.
- Maintains detailed records of treatments and progress.
- Suggests changes to treatment plans when appropriate.
- Conducts research to assist in improving therapy methods.
- Supports team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Next, you’ll want to include details about your company’s working hours and benefits. Tell your radiation therapist candidates about flexible hours and workweek structures. Be sure to highlight particularly attractive perks like health and wellness benefits, professional growth and development initiatives and commuter reimbursements.
Radiation Therapist Qualifications/Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, compassionately and professionally
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and help lift patients
- Skilled in using medical imaging equipment
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to think critically
- Working knowledge of applicable safety protocols
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in radiation therapy
- Valid radiation therapy license
- ARRT certification
- Experience working as a radiation therapist
[Call to Action] Every job posting should also include a call to action that explains exactly how prospective candidates should apply for the position. Provide instructions on where to find the application, other documents they should include, and how to submit their applications.
Ready to Post Your Radiation Therapist Job Description?
After crafting your job description, take the next step in finding the best radiation therapists. Monster job ads has a wide a range of monthly plans which can be tailored to accommodate any size company or job search. Get started today!