Grant writer job description sample
This grant writer job description sample can assist in your creation of a job application that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific duties and requirements. Find even more ideas about polishing your posting by looking through our grant writer job listings.
[Intro paragraph] Organizations seeking the highest quality employees often include use two or three sentences at the beginning of the description to tell job seekers a few of things that make their office unique and the value they bring to new employees. This is your opportunity to really set yourself apart from any other grant writer job postings.
Grant Writer Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Enters and monitors tracking data.
- Coordinates requirements with contributors and contributes proposal status information to review meetings.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
- Writes, revises, and edits drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding and coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
[Work Hours & Benefits] This is the perfect place to include details about your company’s working hours and benefits. Give prospective grant writers information about flexible hours, work-week structures, or any travel requirements. You can also highlight the benefits that make your company a great place to work, like tuition or continuing education credits, paid parental leave, or childcare reimbursement.
Grant Writer Qualifications / Skills:
- Presentation skills
- Written communication
- Graphic design skills
- Technical documentation
- Layout skills
- Problem solving
- Process improvement
- Strategic planning
- Market knowledge
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Media, or related field
- Minimum of 1-year experience in grant writing, prospect research, general fundraising or a minimum of 2 years comparable and transferable skills acquired in a professional setting
[Call to Action] The best job descriptions know how to turn potential applicants into actual applicants. Let prospective writers know exactly how to apply with a powerful call to action, including details on resume, application, and supporting document submission. Or, you can have them click the “apply” button at the top of this job listing.
Ready to publish your grant writer job description?
Now that you’ve built the perfect posting, take your search for the best writers to the next level. Monster job ads give you a wide range of monthly plans to choose from and we allow you to cancel any time. Find your ideal plan and we’ll give you access to our robust candidate engagement platform, SearchMonster, at no extra charge. Start your plan today!