Program manager job description sample
This program manager sample job description can help you create a job posting that will attract top candidates and turn them into applicants. You can keep the structure and organization of the description and revise it to reflect the specific duties and requirements of the job for which you are hiring. For more ideas about how to build your perfect posting, browse our program manager job listings.
[Intro paragraph] We also encourage you to lead off your job description with 2-3 sentences telling prospective program managers a little bit about your company, culture, and working environment. This is your opportunity to sell yourself to the job candidate, describing your company’s values and what you can offer new employees, truly setting your position apart from competing job listings.
Program Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes strategic objectives by overseeing multiple project activities.
- Accomplishes human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; and implementing change.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Now that job seekers know what’s required of them, you may want to include details about your working hours and benefits. Highlight flexible hours, telecommuting, or work from home options, as well as any on-site meeting or travel requirements. It’s also a great time to describe any unique benefits that set your company apart, like profit sharing, paid time off, tuition credits, or continuing education reimbursement.
Program Manager Qualifications/Skills:
- Staffing, planning, and people management
- Managing performance and profitability
- Financial planning and strategy
- Promoting process improvement
- Strategic planning
- Dealing with complexity, analyzing information, and implementing company vision
[Call to Action] Here is where the best performing job ads include a strong call to action, letting potential applicants know exactly how to apply and compelling them to do so. Include any specific details, like hiring manager contact information or required documentation, or just tell them to “click on the apply button at the top of the job listing.”
strong>Ready to post your job description?
Great job! (Get it?) Now you’re ready to find the best of the best candidates with Monster job ads. We offer a wide range of monthly plans to fit your company’s needs, giving you the power to upgrade, scale down, or cancel any time. You’ll even have access to Monster Studios, our video job description app, at no additional cost. Get started now!