Production Manager Job Description Sample
This production manager job description sample is designed to allow you to get your job ad ready for primetime in no time. Use this structure and format, plug in the specific requirements for your open position, and you can create the ad that will attract the best candidates for your company. If you need more ideas about what to include, browse our art and production related job listings.
[Intro paragraph] The best production manager job postings use the first paragraph to write a quick introduction to their company. Consider this as a marketing piece, describing your company to prospective managers and letting them know all the benefits of working for you. Set your company apart from the competition by telling job seekers what you bring to the table for new hires.
Production Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Supports the senior producer and assists the team by focusing on schedules, velocity tracking, and dependency management
- Works closely with the leads, sub-leads, and producers in gathering information and tracking progress against approved milestones.
- Works with the leads and production team to develop and track against a production plan reflective of the defined project goals as set by the studio creative director.
- Anticipates bottlenecks, clarifies project priorities, identifies risks, and escalates issues that cannot be internally resolved.
- Clearly defines all workflows, communicates documented processes, and ensures all practices are being refined and tuned with learnings.
- Provides regular status reports and capacity plan updates with the team and with studio management.
- Identifies the best tools and technologies to help manage workflow and optimizes their implementation and deployment.
- Identifies processes that can improve project efficiency and act as a change agent for them.
- Contributes to long- and short-form integration proposals and topline concepts.
- Manages timelines for integrated content and tracks advertiser supplied product & assets for integrations.
- Ensures internal department workflow and tracking documents up to date.
- Support the team on all integrations and proposals.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Research shows job descriptions perform better when they include a paragraph about working hours and benefits right here. Tell prospective production managers about seasonal or travel requirements, as well as any office perks unique to your firm, like company discounts and profit-sharing opportunities.
Production Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Strong television or film production background
- Project management
- Ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Proactive, with a high level of organization
- Promoting process improvement
- Ability to communicate with production companies in a professional, television term related manner
- Developing creative standards
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Film, Communications, Advertising, or related field
- 5-10 years of television or film production experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and other project management software
[Call to Action] A truly effective job advertisement gives job seekers directions on how to apply to your job. Include a strong call to action right here that tells production manager candidates where to send their resume, whether click the “apply” button at the top of the ad, and any additional application requirements like a cover letters or portfolio items.
Is Your Production Manager Job Description Ready for the Big Screen?
The creation of a great job description is just the first stage of your candidate search. Now it’s time to target your advertisement to an intended audience with Monster job ads and our variety of monthly plans. Pick the one that best suits your needs, and you can swap out job ads, scale up, downgrade, or even cancel as your needs change. Get the show started today!