Producer Job Description Sample
This producer job description sample is designed to allow you to get your advertisement up and running in no time. Use this structure and format, plug in the specific requirements for your open position, and you can create the ad that will attract the right candidates for your company. If you need more ideas about what to include, browse our producer job listings.
[Intro paragraph] The best job postings use the first paragraph to write a short two- to three-sentence introduction to your company. This is a marketing piece that describes your company to prospective employees and lets them know all the benefits of working for you. Tell job seekers what you bring to the table for new employees, setting your company apart from the competition.
Producer Job Responsibilities:
- Produces long and short form content for multiple internal groups and advertisers.
- Composes long- and short-form integration proposals and topline concepts.
- Manages graphic-only integrations.
- Develops timelines for integrated content and tracks advertiser supplied product & assets for integrations.
- Keeps internal department workflow and tracking documents up to date.
- Logs and archives all long and short form content the company produces.
- Edits video clips of integrated content the company produces and uploads on the company’s web site.
- Works closely with the network or studio scheduling teams to track delivery, air dates, and times of upcoming integrated content.
- Gathers and edits content for on-air short form content and internal presentations.
- Support the team on all integrations and proposals.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Research shows that job descriptions perform better when they include a paragraph right here about the working hours and benefits unique to your company. Remember to include information about things like seasonal or travel requirements. Also highlight any office perks, company discounts, and profit-sharing opportunities.
Producer Qualifications / Skills:
- A strong television or film production background
- Editing abilities
- Project Management
- Ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Coaching and ability to foster teamwork
- Proactive, with a high level of organization
- Promoting process improvement
- Ability to communicate with production companies in a professional, television term related manner
- Conducting marketing research
- Creating and fostering client relationships
- Developing creative standards
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Film, Communications, Advertising or related field
- 1-3 years of television or film production experience
- Knowledge of Final Cut Pro or similar non-linear editing software
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
[Call to Action] If you want a truly effective job advertisement, give your potential candidates a direction on how to apply to your job. This is called a call to action and it simply tells your candidates to send their resume to a specific contact at your company or click the “apply” button at the top of the ad. Advice candidates of any additional job application requirements, like a cover letter or portfolio items.
Ready to Post Your Producer Job Description?
The creation of a great job description is just the first step. You can also target your advertisement to an intended audience with Monster job ads. We have a variety of monthly plans that help companies pick what best suits their needs, allowing them the flexibility to swap out job ads, scale up, downgrade, or even cancel as their needs change. Get started today!