Pharmacy technician job description sample
This pharmacy technician job description sample can assist you in creating a job application that will attract candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this description to meet your specific duties and requirements. You can also get more ideas about crafting the perfect job description by browsing our pharmacy tech job listings.
[Intro paragraph] The best pharmacy technician job descriptions provide two or three sentences that will introduce the prospective employees to your company, culture, and working environment. This is where you can sell your facility to job seekers and set yourself apart from competing job listings.
Pharmacy Technician Job Responsibilities:
- Supports pharmacological services by stocking, assembling, and distributing medications.
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone, answering questions and requests, and referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed medications and supplies, placing and expediting orders, verifying receipt, and removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions, preparing labels, calculating quantities, and assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians’ orders and prescriptions.
- Generates revenues by calculating, recording, and issuing charges.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] It’s always a good idea to highlight the working hours and benefits specific to your organization. Potential pharmacy techs want to learn things like team size and workweek flexibility. You can also highlight any of the benefits that set you apart, like childcare reimbursements, commuter benefits, and tuition or continuing education credits.
Pharmacy Technician Qualifications / Skills:
- Supply management
- Reporting skills
- Attention to detail
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Quality focus
- Analyzing information
- Informing others
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Previous experience in a pharmacy, retail, medical, or customer service setting
- Previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- PTCB National Certification Education
[Call to Action] The best job descriptions entice potential pharmacy tech applicants to apply and teach them how with a strong call to action. For instance, you can let prospective employees know whether you’d like them to submit an application by clicking on the “apply” button at the top of the job listing or if you’d rather them email an application, resume, and supporting documents to a specific person at your facility.
Got the perfect pharmacy technician job description ready to go live?
Fill your pharmacy position with the help of Monster job ads. Our range of monthly plans are perfect for any size company or job search. Plus, you can cancel at any time. Join today and you’ll have access to SearchMonster at no extra charge, giving you access to our massive candidate engagement platform and allowing you to find the best candidates. Get started here!