Paraprofessional Job Description Sample
This paraprofessional job description sample is an ideal template for a job listing that will attract the best-of-the-best candidates. The best postings maintain the structure and organization of this outline. You simply edit and revise it with the specific job requirements and duties of the open position. You can also find more ideas for crafting your description by browsing Monster’s paraprofessional job listings.
[Intro paragraph] Introducing your business to prospective paraprofessionals is the perfect start to your posting. Take a few sentences to highlight your company culture and working environment, set your company apart from competing job listings, and sell yourself to job seekers on the unique opportunities you bring to the table.
Paraprofessional Job Responsibilities:
- Enhances organizational effectiveness by providing administrative support.
- Organizes projects by collecting and maintaining documents, information, and records.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Maintains and updates department schedules.
- Serves customers by greeting, answering or referring inquiries, and maintaining confidentiality.
- Prepares reports by collecting information.
- Tracks office supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needs, placing orders, and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer instructions and established procedures.
- Secures information by completing database backups.
- Provides historical reference by utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Contributes to team effort by performing additional tasks as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] Here is where you can discuss your working hours and benefits. This is another chance to sell potential applicants on things like overtime or seasonal availability, as well as the benefits that can set your firm apart, like paid vacation time or family leave, commuting credits, or childcare reimbursements.
Paraprofessional Qualifications / Skills:
- Administrative writing skills
- Reporting skills
- Supply management
- Microsoft Office skills
- Professionalism, confidentiality, and organization
- Verbal Communication
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Minimum of 48 college credits (including both Math & English at levels 100 or higher) or a passing score of 459 on Paraprofessional Assessment exam
- Previous experience, especially in particular industry, preferred
[Call to Action] Now that prospective paraprofessionals are familiar with your company and the job requirements, you need a compelling call to action to encourage them to apply. Let applicants know how and where to submit resume, who to contact at your company to submit an application, or you can tell them to click the “apply” button at the top of the ad.
Ready to Post Your Job Description?
Getting an applicant’s attention is one thing; finding the right job candidates yourself is another. Try Monster job ads and our flexible monthly plans, allowing you to upgrade, scale down, and cancel at any time. You’ll even have access to SearchMonster at no extra charge, connecting you to the best paraprofessional candidates out there. Get started today!